Making the Switch to Battery-Powered Equipment
Switching from gas-powered to battery-powered outdoor equipment is a decision with many factors to consider. STIHL offers a wide range of outdoor power equipment for your home. Learn more about STIHL battery power and find the right tool for you.
Switching to Battery
If you're considering a switch to battery tools, you'll find everything you need to maintain your yard with the STIHL AK Homeowner System and AS Handheld System of tools. All the tools in these systems offer the advantages of battery.
Long Run Times
STIHL batteries are designed for long run times with minimal drop in power as you approach the end of a charge cycle.
AS BATTERY HAND TOOL SYSTEM
The innovative AS Battery Hand Tool System combines capability, convenience and comfort. Perfect for precision gardening and landscaping tasks, these tools are designed to be versatile, compact, lightweight, and easy to use.
AK HOMEOWNER SYSTEM
Exceptional power meets exceptional value. The AK Homeowner Battery System has everything you need to get working. This series is ideally suited for frequent use around suburban yards.
STIHL Battery Lineup
Each STIHL battery is uniquely engineered to suit the type of tool and task at hand.
- The STIHL AK 10 battery, STIHL AK 20 battery, and STIHL AK 30 battery are all 36-volt batteries. All three batteries are interchangeable with tools within the AK System and have varying run times.
STIHL AS batteries are 10.8-volt batteries that have a life cycle of up to 1,500 charges. Weighing under half a pound, the AS 2 powers the GTA 26 battery garden pruner, the HSA 26 handheld garden shears, and the SEA 20 handheld battery vacuum.
From rapid battery chargers to multi-chargers, choose from several charging options to get your batteries ready and your projects around the house complete. Find the battery charger that works best for your needs.
Battery Storage and Maintenance
It’s important to charge and store your batteries properly to ensure you get the best performance from your STIHL battery-powered tools. Here are some battery storage tips:
- Make sure the battery is clean and dry, according to manufacturer instructions.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Store away from direct sunlight in a secured and dry area in temperatures no less than 14° F and no greater than 122° F.
- For maximum battery life, store the battery at an ambient temperature between 50° F and 68° F with a charge between 40% (2 green LEDs) and 80% (3 green LEDs)
Do not leave spare batteries unused. Use them in rotation.