By STIHL TIMBERSPORTS, 2/28/2013
Chop along from your keyboard
Test your lumberjack chops and knowledge with the first-ever fantasy game for lumberjack sports, STIHL® TIMBERSPORTS® Series Fantasy Lumberjack hosted on the Official STIHL TIMBERSPORTS Series Facebook page. Start selecting your athletes Thursday, Feb. 28 with the first event, the Southern Qualifier, kicking off Friday, March 15 at Auburn University.
In the STIHL TIMBERSPORTS Series Fantasy Lumberjack game, participants act as owners to build a team that competes against other fantasy owners based on the results generated by the athletes competing in the STIHL TIMBERSPORTS Series.
Owners select which lumberjacks they think will perform the best in each event of the 2013 season for the chance to win a STIHL chainsaw product voucher and a trip for two to the STIHL TIMBERSPORTS World Championship in Stuttgart, Germany Oct. 25-26, 2013.
Six STIHL chainsaws will be awarded following each event of the 2013 season based on the team owner who has the highest number of points accumulated per event.
A trip for two to Germany for the World Championship will be awarded at the culmination of the STIHL TIMBERSPORTS U.S. Championship to the team owner with the highest accumulated points generated throughout the entire season.
HOW TO PLAY
- Log in to the STIHL TIMBERSPORTS Fantasy Lumberjack App on Facebook.
- Fantasy Lumberjack team owners begin by picking athletes based on the rounds appearing on the toolbar labeled: SO (Southern), MW (Midwest), MA (Mid-Atlantic), NE (Northeast), WE (Western) and U.S. Championship (Championship).
- There are three predetermined tiers of athletes ranked by past results for each of the rounds listed on the toolbar.
- Team owners will start with 100 woodchips per round to allocate to the athletes they think will perform best from each designated tier.
- Team owners must allocate a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 98 woodchips (to equal 100 woodchips) making up their “Team” for the round.
- A point multiplier is used for each tier, giving you incentive to wager more chips in lower tiers for high-risk high-reward probabilities. Tier 1 has a multiplier of 1, Tier 2 of 1.4, and Tier 3 of 1.8.
- Once your “Team” has been selected, the individual athletes will compete in all disciplines of the live competition and be awarded points based on their score as well as a point multiplier will be factored in for each Tier as follows:
Tier 1: Number of woodchips allocated x 1 x athlete competition score for said round
Tier 2: Number of woodchips allocated x 1.4 x athlete competition score for said round
Tier 3: Number of woodchips allocated x 1.8 x athlete competition score for said round
- Voting closes for each round at 8 a.m. ET on the day of the STIHL TIMBERSPORTS Series Qualifier event. (i.e. Voting for the Southern Qualifier ends Friday, March 15 at 8 a.m. ET)
- The team owner with the highest scoring team per round will be the winner of said round. There will be six round winners.
- Once all six rounds are completed, cumulative scores from any round you participated in will be totaled, and the participant with the highest cumulative points during the promotion period will be the grand prize winner.