How to Start a STIHL Pressure Washer
Setting up a pressure washer is easy and does not require any tools. Here is a step-by-step procedure for getting started:
- Make sure the pressure washer is on a flat surface and check to make sure the water strainer is in place and free of debris.
- Connect a garden hose to the washer and the other end to your water supply. It should not be hooked to a potable water source.
- Next, connect the high-pressure hose that comes with the unit into the water outlet on the pressure washer.
- If you own the RB 400, 600 or 800, slide the plug on the bottom of the gun assembly onto the other end of the hose, making sure the collar snaps into place. If you own the RB 200, screw the bottom of the gun assembly onto the other end of the hose.
- Select the high-pressure nozzle best suited to your cleaning task. To install, pull back the collar on the end of the gun and wand assembly.
- Attach the nozzle and release the collar, making sure it snaps into place securing the nozzle. Turn on the water.
- The pressure washer hose will fill with water, so it is important to purge the system of excess air before starting the unit. Simply squeeze the trigger on the gun and the air will release.
Starting a Gas-Powered Pressure WasherBefore starting your gas-powered pressure washer, make sure you have proper fuel and oil. Now you are ready to start.
- Ensure the fuel valve is in the open position.
- Move the choke to the left (the open position).
- Move the throttle to the left (the full throttle position).
- Turn the engine switch to the "ON" position.
- With the gun assembly still on the holder, pull the engine cord.
- Then, close the choke. You are ready to use your pressure washer.
When your project is complete, turn the engine switch to the off position. To release built-up pressure in the system, squeeze the trigger on the gun assembly after the unit has been shut off. Next, turn off your water supply. Disconnect the high-pressure hose from the unit and gun, then disconnect the garden hose. Remove as much water as possible from the hoses. Remove the nozzle from the gun and return it to the holder on the unit.