STIHL Inc. Charitable Donations Committee
Giving back to the local community of Hampton Roads.
STIHL Incorporated is proud to be a part of the Hampton Roads community and as a corporate citizen has established the Charitable Donations Fund to support local organizations and individuals engaged in charitable work, and those in need.
Our geographic scope is the Hampton Roads area. This is generally identified as the area bounded by Williamsburg, Franklin, Virginia Beach, and Virginia's Eastern Shore in VA and Currituck County, NC. All requests that fall outside of this area should be submitted directly to the regional distributor or your local STIHL Dealer.
The Committee meets once a month to review requests to assist organizations supporting:
- Families in crisis
- Animal welfare
- Programs that encourage positive growth and support of children
- Improving the environment
- Veterans, law enforcement, fire and rescue
- Challenged individuals
- Health and well being
- Positive civic activities
- Individuals engaged in fund raising / athletic events in support of the above activities
- Our goal is to impact a broad spectrum of our community so in general we will distribute smaller donation amounts to a wide variety of organizations as opposed to giving larger donations to a few organizations.
- Funding will be limited to one grant per organization per year.
- Funding priority will be given to an organization that provides direct support to the areas listed above, over a fundraising event (golf tournament, fun run, etc.) for such organizations.
- Requests for product will be filled with a certificate that can be redeemed at any authorized STIHL Dealership. The certificate may only be redeemed by the individual receiving the award. It is against STIHL policy for the organization to receive the certificate, and pick up the product. It is important for the person receiving the product to receive proper instruction on the product's use, receive the instruction manual and have the unit properly registered.
Funding will not be provided to:
- Commercial fundraising for any of the above areas of support.
- Persons engaged in events that do not support one of the above areas of support.
- Multiple requests from or for the same charitable organizations in the same calendar year.
To facilitate requests being reviewed in a timely manner, please provide the following information at least two months before the date of a specific event or need.
- Name and Address of the Organization
- Name of contact person at Organization
- The purpose of the Organization – and towards what specific function would STIHL’s donation go?
- Is this a general donation or for a specific event?
- If for a specific event, what is the date of that event?
- Any backup documentation regarding the organization or event?
- Are you asking for money or a product?
- Does the Organization have a tax exempt status?
- Let us know if you have an affiliation with STIHL
Send your local Hampton Roads, VA request to:Charitable Donations Committee
PO Box 2015, Virginia Beach, VA 23450
Or email to STIHLcharity@stihl.us