STIHL professional grass trimmers also boast an exceptional power-to-weight ratio, putting every last ounce of their well-balanced construction to work. When you’re out in the field all day, the last thing you want to carry around is dead weight. STIHL trimmers include innovative features like STIHL AUTOCUT® cutting heads and IntelliCarb™ compensating carburetors – each designed to streamline performance, as well as your workflow. Our professional trimmers and brushcutters are also built for comfort, featuring anti-vibration technology and various harnesses for comfortable operation and reduced operator fatigue. They’re the complete package for any landscaper.
Professionals demand more from their grass trimmers – more power, more comfort and more dependability. That’s why STIHL professional trimmers are in such high demand – they deliver on performance. With more power, greater comfort features and durability, STIHL professional trimmers are made for daily use. Here are some of the features you’ll find on every gasoline-powered STIHL professional grass trimmer:
- Multi-Function Control Handle delivers easy access to ON/OFF and throttle controls on one comfortable handle. This makes it easy to use without the operator’s hand ever leaving the handle. Some models feature a momentary stop switch, ensuring the switch is “ON” the next time you start – helping to prevent engine flooding.
- Adjustable Front Handle can be positioned for optimal comfort.
- Adjustable Harness adds comfort and stability during use.
- Easy-Access Air Filter allows for easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Easy-Access Starter Assembly for infield repairs.
- Heavy-Duty Steel-on-Steel Clutch helps reduce slippage and provides durable, long-lasting wear.
- Easy-View Deflector provides easy-to-see cutting and is also designed to protect user against flying debris.
- Long-Life Engine Cylinders provide optimal cooling, lubrication and more power output per cubic centimeter of engine displacement for maximum wear life.
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running.
- Ergonomic Design reduces fatigue and enables comfortable operation.
- Smooth Edges will not snag on clothing or brush.
- High-Tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion resistant.
- 2-Ring Pistons improve engine efficiency and hold compression longer than 1-ring pistons. Also they transfer heat from the piston to cylinder better, helping engine stay cooler and last longer.
- Enclosed Throttle Cables eliminate dangling and loose wires.
- Protected Choke Lever/Knob helps prevent damage.
- Protected Spark Plug is protected yet easy to change.
- Protected Throttle Trigger helps prevent damage.
- Purge Pump Primer enables the user to prime the carburetor with fuel, providing easier starts.
- Spark Arrester Muffler has large baffles which reduce noise level and contains a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
- Throttle Trigger Interlock helps prevent accidental acceleration.
- Fully Lined Drive Shaft provides smooth operation and less vibration.
- Upright Fuel Tank with Retainer Cap for easy fueling.
You’ll find these powerful, professional STIHL trimmers only at servicing STIHL Dealers. See your Dealer to learn more about these quality tools and demo them before you buy. STIHL is a great investment for your landscaping business, delivering quality and improved long-term productivity.
STIHL is the #1 selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment in America*. Sold and serviced through our network of servicing Dealers, STIHL power tools deliver versatility and dependability. STIHL tools are German engineered, and many are built right here in America and exported to over 90 countries around the world.* To find one of the over 8,000 STIHL Dealers near you, visit the Dealer Locator.
*A majority of STIHL powerheads are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components. "Number one selling brand" is based on syndicated Irwin Broh Research as well as independent consumer research of 2009-2013 U.S. sales and market share data for the gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment category combined sales to consumers and commercial landscapers ©2014 STIHL.
|Compare||Model||Displacement||Engine Power||Weight*||Fuel Capacity|
|FS 110||31.4 cc (1.9 cu. in.)||1.05 kW (1.4 bhp)||5.8 kg (12.8 lbs.)||530 cc (18.0 oz.)|
|FS 110 R||31.4 cc (1.9 cu. in.)||1.05 kW (1.4 bhp)||5.5 kg (12.1 lbs.)||530 cc (18.0 oz.)|
|FS 130||36.3 cc (2.2 cu. in.)||1.4 kW (1.9 bhp)||5.9 kg (13.0 lbs.)||530 cc (18 oz.)|
|FS 130 R||36.3 cc (2.2 cu. in.)||1.4 kW (1.9 bhp)||5.6 kg (12.3 lbs.)||530 cc (18 oz.)|
|FS 90||28.4 cc (1.73 cu. in.)||0.95 kW (1.27 bhp)||5.5 kg (12.1 lbs.)||530 cc (18.0 oz.)|
|FS 90 R||28.4 cc (1.73 cu. in.)||0.95 kW (1.27 bhp)||5.3 kg (11.7 lbs.)||530 cc (18 oz.)|
|FS 70 R||27.2 cc (1.66 cu. in.)||0.9 kW (1.2 bhp)||4.8 kg (10.6 lbs.)||340 cc (11.5 oz.)|
|FS 240||37.7 cc (2.3 cu. in.)||1.7 kW (2.3 bhp)||7.0 kg (15.4 lbs.)||750 cc (25.4 oz.)|
|FS 240 R||37.7 cc (2.3 cu. in.)||1.7 kW (2.3 bhp)||6.6 kg (14.6 lbs)||750 cc (25.4 oz)|
|FS 94 R||24.1 cc (1.47 cu. in.)||0.9 kW (1.2 bhp)||4.6 kg (10.1 lbs.)||540 cc (18.3 oz.)|
|FSA 85||--||--||4.5 kg (9.9 lbs.)||--|
|FS 100 RX||31.4 cc (1.9 cu. in.)||1.05 kW (1.4 bhp)||4.9 kg (10.8 lbs.)||530 cc (18.0 oz.)|
|FS 250||40.2 cc (2.45 cu. in.)||1.6 kW (2.15 bhp)||6.3 kg (13.9 lbs.)||640 cc (21.6 oz.)|
|FS 250 R||40.2 cc (2.45 cu. in.)||1.6 kW (2.15 bhp)||6.0 kg (13.2 lbs.)||640 cc (21.6 oz)|
|FS 310||36.3 cc (2.2 cu. in.)||1.4 kW (1.9 bhp)||7.2 kg (15.9 lbs.)||710 cc (24.0 oz.)|