Brushcutters & Clearing Saws
With additional features like a four-point anti-vibration system that helps reduce operator fatigue, a lightweight harness for comfortable extended use, and an easy-adjust handle bar for easy transport and storage, STIHL brushcutters and clearing saws cut through the clutter and provide a hardworking solution for your heavy-duty jobs.
When the job calls for clearing the really tough brush, you need more than trimmer line – you need a brushcutter or clearing saw from STIHL. These machines are powerful and designed for forestry, municipal, or farm and ranch use. Their rugged designs don’t care what nature throws its way—they keep on cutting until the job is done. Here are some of the features you’ll find on every professional-grade brushcutter and clearing saw from STIHL:
- STIHL Easy2Start™ makes starting STIHL outdoor power tools almost effortless, eliminating the need for a strong pull of the starting cord. This advanced starting system is designed to make starting STIHL products fast and easy.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor measures air on clean side of air filter and adjusts metering diaphragm in carburetor. Maintains RPM levels even when filter begins to clog.
- Multi-Function Control Handle delivers easy access to ON/OFF and throttle controls on one comfortable handle. This makes it easy to use without the operator’s hand ever leaving the handle. Some models feature a momentary stop switch, ensuring the switch is “ON” the next time you start – helping to prevent engine flooding.
- Bike-Style Handle adjusts for comfort and allows the machine to be easily guided, enabling a smooth horizontal mowing action to cover large areas quickly and efficiently.
- Fuel-Efficient Engine runs longer on a tank of gasoline, reducing fuel costs.
- Reduced Vibration for less operator fatigue and a more comfortable working experience.
- Heavy-Duty Steel-on-Steel Centrifugal Clutch helps reduce slippage and provides durable, long-lasting wear.
- Multi-Position Adjustable Harness distributes the weight of the equipment for increased operator comfort and improved maneuverability.
- Easy-Access Air Filter allows for easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Easy-Access Starter Assembly for repairs in the field.
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running.
- Ergonomic Design reduces fatigue and enables comfortable operation.
- Smooth Edges will not snag on clothing or brush.
- High-Tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion resistant.
- Long-Life Engine Cylinders provide optimal cooling, lubrication and more power output per cubic centimeter of engine displacement for maximum wear life.
- 2-Ring Pistons improve engine efficiency and hold compression longer than 1-ring pistons. Also they transfer heat from the piston to cylinder better, helping engine stay cooler and last longer.
- Enclosed Throttle Cables eliminate dangling and loose wires.
- Protected Choke Lever/Knob helps prevent damage.
- Protected Spark Plug is protected yet easy to change.
- Protected Throttle Trigger helps prevent damage.
- Purge Pump Primer enables the user to prime the carburetor with fuel, providing easier starts.
- Spark Arrester Muffler has large baffles which reduce noise level and contains a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
- Throttle Trigger Interlock helps prevent accidental acceleration.
- Fully Lined Drive Shaft provides smooth operation and less vibration.
- Upright Fuel Tank with Retainer Cap for easy fueling.
Not sure if your project calls for a professional-grade brushcutter or clearing saw? Visit your servicing STIHL Dealer for knowledgeable assistance, in-person demonstrations and everything else you need to clear a path to a well-manicured landscape.
STIHL is the #1 selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment in America and the Number One selling brand of chainsaws in the world*. Sold and serviced through our network of independent Dealers, STIHL power tools deliver versatility and dependability. STIHL tools are German engineered, and many are built right here in America and exported to over 90 countries around the world.* To find one of the over 8,000 STIHL Dealers near you, visit the Dealer Locator.
|Compare||Model||Displacement||Engine Power||Weight*||Fuel Capacity|
|FS 560 C-EM||57.1 cc (3.48 cu. in.)||2.8 kW (3.75 bhp)||10.2 kg (22.5 lbs.)||990 cc (33.5 oz.)|
|FS 360 C-E||37.7 cc (2.3 cu. in.)||1.7 kW (2.3 bhp)||8.5 kg (18.7 lbs.)||750 cc (25.4 oz.)|
|FS 460 C-EM||45.6 cc (2.8 cu. in.)||2.2 kW (3.0 bhp)||8.5 kg (18.7 lbs.)||750 cc (25.4 oz.)|