STIHL Battery KombiSystem Technology
Harness the Power of Lithium-Ion Battery Technology
STIHL Lithium-Ion technology – No Gasoline, No Emissions, No Power Cords.
STIHL harnesses this technology to produce an exciting new line of cordless, battery-powered outdoor power equipment. The result is a new breed of environmentally responsible products, eliminating both fuel costs and exhaust emissions. You can “save green” while “going green” with STIHL Lithium-Ion technology.
The 36-volt AP 160 Lithium-Ion battery is designed for long running times with quick recharges and operates at full speed until depleted, so there is no gradual drop in power during use. Batteries can be charged hundreds of times without any noticeable loss in capacity, and special battery electronics constantly monitor the battery to ensure optimal operation and a long service life.
STIHL Lithium-Ion battery powered products:
- Environmentally responsible option for high-performance machines
- Eliminate fuel costs for less expensive long-term operation
- No cord, no exhaust emissions, no gasoline smell
- Instant startup – just pull the trigger
- No need for oil and fuel mixing
- Less vibrations and quieter equipment performance
- No gradual drop in power –runs at full speed until battery is depleted
- Two batteries available – with 80 or 160 watt hours of power
- Long service life – more than 80% of battery capacity remains after 500 charges
- Battery design monitors temperature and shuts down if too warm or too cold
- Intelligent battery circuit board exchanges data between tool and charger
- AP 160 battery can be used interchangeably with the AP 80 battery
- STIHL has partnered with the RBRC (Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation), and batteries can be returned for recycling at participating STIHL servicing Dealers: www.call2recycle.org