PP 800 Telescoping Pole
With a working reach of 18’ above ground, this lightweight telescoping pole can be fitted with a lopper or saw head.
Some tree cutting jobs are so precise they feel more like tree surgery. That's when you need the PP 800. When equipped with a lopper or saw head attachment, the PP 800 provides precision cuts for those hard-to-reach-places, but durable enough to handle your busy workload. Part of the STIHL Precision Series™, this telescoping pole features a lightweight 4.7-lb. aluminum body and engineered box design, minimizing flex when fully extended. Combined with a working reach of over 18’ above ground, this pole saw is the ideal choice for precise lopping or sawing tasks.
NOTE: Saw heads and lopper attachments are sold separately.
Professionals turn to STIHL professional pole pruners for cutting those hard-to-reach areas. When overgrown branches loom overhead, professional pole pruners from STIHL answer with power, dependability and versatility. They have to, since our pole pruners feature the same German engineered technology found in our legendary chain saws. Here are the features you’ll find on every STIHL professional pole pruner:
- Patented Low Emission, Fuel-Efficient Engine reduces exhaust emissions while saving on fuel costs.
- Clip for Strap or Harness enables more even weight distribution and greater comfort.
- Ematic™ Guide Bar includes a polymer ramp reservoir which holds bar oil until it can be picked up by passing chain. This can reduce oil usage by up to 50%.
- Automatic Bar and Chain Oiler allows the operator to concentrate on cutting rather than bar and chain lubrication.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner for easy chain adjustment.
- STIHL OILOMATIC® saw chain is manufactured exclusively by STIHL.
- Ergonomic Design reduces fatigue and enables comfortable operation.
- Reduced Vibration for enhanced user comfort.
- 2-Ring Pistons improve engine efficiency and hold compression longer than 1-ring pistons. Also they transfer heat from the piston to cylinder better, helping engine stay cooler and last longer.
- Easy-Access Air Filter allows for easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running.
- Heavy-Duty Steel on Steel Clutch helps reduce slippage and provides durable, long-lasting wear.
- High-Tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion resistant.
- Long-Life Engine Cylinders provide optimal cooling, lubrication and more power output per cubic centimeter of engine displacement for maximum wear life.
- Protected Choke Lever/Knob helps prevent damage.
- Protected or Enclosed Control Cables eliminate dangling and loose wires.
- Protected Spark Plug is protected yet easy to change.
- Protected Throttle Trigger helps prevent damage.
- Spark Arrester Muffler has large baffles which reduce noise level and contains a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
- Throttle Trigger Interlock helps prevent accidental acceleration.
- Upright Translucent Fuel Tank allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work. Upright position makes it easier to refill.
Visit your local servicing STIHL Dealer for more information on these powerful professional-grade pole pruners. Demo them before you buy, learn more about other ways you can outfit you and your crew, including our professional pole pruner accessories. From lopper attachments and carrier support systems to protective work wear such as apron chaps and forestry helmet systems, our
STIHL Dealers have you covered.
STIHL is the #1 selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment in America and the Number One selling brand of chain saws in the world*. Sold and serviced through our network of independent Dealers, STIHL power tools deliver versatility and dependability. STIHL tools are German engineered, and many are built right here in America and exported to over 90 countries around the world.* To find one of the over 8,000 STIHL Dealers near you, visit the Dealer Locator.
*A majority of STIHL products are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components. "Number one selling brand" is based on syndicated Irwin Broh Research as well as independent consumer research of 2009-2012 U.S. sales and market share data for the gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment category combined sales to consumers and commercial landscapers.
You Will Also Need
Cut branches with power and precision. The PS 80 arboriculture saw from STIHL features our largest blade: 16” of pure cutting ability. The blade is chrome-finished, making each stroke work harder. An included bark cutter even helps prevent peeling of the bark as the branch falls. It’s the ultimate attachment for your PP 600, 700 or 800 telescoping pole pruner.
This cover provides protection for the PP 900 pruner head.
When you need precise pruning in hard-to-reach places, attach this lopper to the STIHL PP 600 or PP 800 telescoping poles and make short work of long limbs.
Nearly all STIHL pruning saws can be sharpened and returned to near-factory condition (excluding impulse-hardened blades). This convenient sharpening file slips easily into a pouch or belt for easy access.
For Your Safety
For heavyweight protection that won’t weigh you down, choose Pro Mark™ Apron Chaps from STIHL. They’re rugged, yet comfortable to wear and easily fit over your work clothes. Sewn into the legs of the chaps are nine layers of Engtex®, a cut-retardant material designed to reduce the risk or severity of injury to the body parts covered by the pads in the event of contact with the rotating saw chain of a gasoline-powered chain saw. The open-back design of these chaps makes them a great choice for hot working conditions. These Pro Mark™ apron chaps provide three additional layers of Engtex® than our standard apron chaps. STIHL chain saw protective apparel is also wash and wear, unlike some other brands that require dry cleaning or light surface cleaning.
The STIHL Pro Mark™ designation identifies products for professional users.
Available color: High Visibility Orange
Available lengths: 32", 36", 40"
See it in action!
When you require more protection than traditional landscaping gloves, turn to Proscaper Series Gloves from STIHL. These gloves feature premium boarskin for terrific softness and padded palms for abrasion resistance. A woven elastic back flexes to allow total freedom of movement. An adjustable, wrist strap closure provides personalized comfort and a secure fit.
Available materials: Boarskin
Available sizes: M, L, XL
The woods can hold many dangers. Stay one step ahead with the Forestry Helmet System from STIHL. The protection starts with a hard shell of ABS thermoplastic. It gets even better with a six-point, ratchet-style suspension system that absorbs shock and keeps the helmet stable while you work.
The system also features a Cool Guard sweatband to keep perspiration out of your eyes, as well as a built-in rain gutter to direct rain away from your face during inclement weather. Adjustable hearing protectors comfortably reduce noise while an epoxy-coated steel full-face screen helps protect from flying debris.
Hard hat meets ANSI Z89.1-2003 Type 1 Class G & C. Hearing protectors meet ANSI S3.19-1974 and have a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 24 dB(A).
STIHL Limited Warranty