FS 50 C-E
A fuel-efficient, low-emission trimmer with Easy2Start™ and an elongated shaft for taller users.
The STIHL FS 50 C-E is a lightweight trimmer that doesn’t skimp on the features. This grass trimmer features a dependable, low-emission engine that is 20% more fuel efficient than our previous model (FS 46). It also features Easy2Start™ technology for quick, smooth starts, as well as our TapAction™, AUTOCUT® C 5-2 cutting head for faster line reloads. Combined with a longer shaft for tall users, this trimmer stands head and shoulders above the competition.
You’ll find nothing but quality components in all STIHL grass trimmers for the home. These aren’t your typical trimmers – they feature streamlined, ergonomic designs, unyielding performance and durable parts made to last year after year. Here are a few of the features you’ll find on every gasoline-powered STIHL grass and weed trimmer:
- Multi-Function Control Handle delivers easy access to ON/OFF and throttle controls on one comfortable handle. This makes it easy to use without the operator’s hand ever leaving the handle. Some models feature a momentary stop switch, ensuring the switch is “ON” the next time you start – helping to prevent engine flooding.
- Adjustable Front Handle can be positioned for optimal comfort.
- Fuel-Efficient Engine runs longer on a tank of gasoline, reducing fuel costs.
- Heavy-Duty Steel-on-Steel Centrifugal Clutch helps reduce slippage and provides durable, long-lasting wear.
- Long-Life Engine Cylinders provide optimal cooling, lubrication and more power output per cubic centimeter of engine displacement for maximum wear life.
- Easy-Access Air Filter allows for easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Easy-View Deflector provides easy-to-see cutting and is also designed to protect user against flying debris.
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running.
- High-Tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion resistant.
- Ergonomic Design reduces fatigue and enables comfortable operation.
- Smooth Edges will not snag on clothing or brush.
- Built-in Hanger in rear allows for easy storage.
- Protected Choke Lever/Knob helps prevent damage.
- Protected Spark Plug is protected yet easy to change.
- Purge Pump Primer enables the user to prime the carburetor with fuel, providing easier starts.
- Spark Arrester Muffler has large baffles which reduce noise level and contains a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
- Throttle Trigger Interlock helps prevent accidental acceleration.
- Enclosed Throttle Cables eliminate dangling and loose wires.
- Fully Lined Drive Shaft provides smooth operation and less vibration.
- Upright Fuel Tank with Retainer Cap for easy fueling.
Want to see these features in person? Visit your STIHL Dealer for hands-on demonstrations and personal assistance to find the perfect trimmer for your needs. With a STIHL grass trimmer in hand, you’ve got the power to take back your yard. Weeds and hard-to-reach grass don’t stand a chance.
STIHL is the #1 selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment in America and the Number One selling brand of chainsaws in the world*. Sold and serviced through our network of independent Dealers, STIHL power tools deliver versatility and dependability. STIHL tools are German engineered, and many are built right here in America and exported to over 90 countries around the world.* To find one of the over 8,000 STIHL Dealers near you, visit the Dealer Locator.
*A majority of STIHL powerheads are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components. "Number one selling brand" is based on syndicated Irwin Broh Research as well as independent consumer research of 2009-2013 U.S. sales and market share data for the gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment category combined sales to consumers and commercial landscapers ©2014 STIHL.
|FS 50 C-E Specifications|
|DISPLACEMENT||27.2 cc (1.66 cu. in.)|
|ENGINE POWER||0.8 kW (1.1 bhp)|
|WEIGHT*||4.6 kg (10.1 lbs.)|
|FUEL CAPACITY||340 cc (11.5 oz.)|
|*Weight without cutting attachment or deflector.|
WARNING! Improper use of any power tool may cause serious
or fatal injury. Read, understand and follow carefully the operating
and safety instructions in your instruction manual before using such products.
STIHL products sold through U.S. STIHL dealers are for distribution in the United States only.
Built in the USA
Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature
The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
The STIHL Easy2Start™ system makes starting STIHL outdoor power tools almost effortless, eliminating the need for a strong pull of the starting cord. This advanced starting system is designed to make starting STIHL products easier. The specific system may vary by model, but in each case, a quick pull overcomes the engine’s compression to minimize the strength and effort required to start. Available on selected products.
See it in action!
Loop Handle (R)
Loop handle grass trimmers and brushcutters are ideal for trimming between bushes and shrubs and other areas where space is limited.
Common Features for Trimmers
View the features common to many STIHL trimmers.
You Will Also Need
Although designed to store eyewear, this utility pouch is multi-functional. It is made of tough water-repellent neoprene with a zipper closure. A handy clip allows you to hang it over your belt or pocket.
Simply tap the AUTOCUT® head to feed the double nylon line. This head is also available in the EasySpool™ option designated by the letter C, which guides the line onto the head without dismantling it.
A variety of cutting heads and blades are available. See Dealer for details.
*Double your warranty when you include STIHL HP Ultra Oil (six 2.6-oz. bottles) or STIHL MotoMix® premixed fuel (six 32-oz. cans or a 1-gal. container) with your STIHL product purchase. Double limited warranty protection applies to STIHL gasoline-powered products purchased and registered for personal non-income producing, family and household purposes only. Other restrictions apply. See dealer for details.
For Your Safety
For landscapers who work extensively with their hands, the Landscaper Series Gloves from STIHL are made from strong-yet-supple deerhide leather. They provide fantastic wear properties and an excellent sense of touch and feel. The naturally soft leather provides all-day working comfort.
Materials: Deerhide leather
Available sizes: S, M, L, XL
When working with skidders and other heavy-duty logging equipment, you owe it to yourself to wear quality protective apparel. STIHL Skidder Bib Chaps fit easily over your work clothes and feature six layers of Engtex® cut-retardant material sewn in the legs. They’re the no-fuss protection you need to get through your demanding workday. STIHL chainsaw protective apparel is also wash and wear, unlike some other brands that require dry cleaning or light surface cleaning.
Available color: High Visibility Orange
Available sizes: M, L
See it in action!
NOTE: STIHL chaps have a tough outer shell of oil/water-resistant nylon, treated with rain/stain repellent.
Heavy machinery doesn’t have anything interesting to say – block out that noise with our most noise-reducing hearing protection. These top-quality Hearing Protectors feature padded stainless steel spring-wire headbands maintain constant pressure. So no sliding around and letting in unwanted sound waves. They’re also easy to adjust. Set a comfortable fit and get to work in peace.
Meets ANSI S3.19-1974 standard. Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 29 dB(A).
Available color: Orange
If you need protective glasses that can stand up to your tough day, choose STIHL Gridiron Glasses. They provide heavy-duty protection with a lightweight, flexible frame for comfort you wouldn’t expect while filtering 99% of harmful UV rays. The lenses are made from optical-grade polycarbonate and are hard-coated to resist scratching. And when you’re on the move, their rubber nose pads are designed to help protect from slippage – even when sweating.
Meets ANSI Z87+ standard
Available lens colors: Silver Mirror, Clear, Smoke
Low-Emission Trimmers from STIHL - Video
How to Wind a STIHL Trimmer Head - Video
How to Start a STIHL Trimmer - Video
Cutting Heads & Blades Selection Chart (PDF)
Download Instructions on How to Rewind Your Trimmer Head (PDF)
Product Instruction Manual (PDF)
Product Safety Manual (PDF)
STIHL Limited Warranty