MSA 200 C-BQ
A more powerful, more capable Lithium-Ion chain saw – ideal for noise restricted areas.
No pulling on cords, fuel mixing or complicated startup procedures. With the MSA 200 C-BQ chain saw, just squeeze the trigger and start cutting. In addition to easy starting, our Lithium-Ion tools produce zero exhaust emissions and are quieter than their gasoline-powered counterparts, making them an ideal choice for areas with emission or noise restrictions. Powered by an interchangeable 36-volt STIHL Lithium-Ion battery, this chain saw delivers the speed, cutting capacity, and run time to take on just about any cutting job on your property. The STIHL MSA 200 C-BQ is a cordless chain saw tough enough to carry the name STIHL.
Check out many of the features that make these gasoline-powered chain saws in a class of their own:
- The Master Control Lever™ is a single lever that allows the user to operate the choke, starting throttle lock and on-off switch all from one convenient location.
- The IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor helps keep RPM levels even when the filter begins to clog.
- STIHL manufactures its own saw chain for optimal performance and compatibility with your STIHL chain saw. Swiss-made STIHL OILOMATIC® Saw Chain is pre-stretched before it leaves the factory, which helps eliminate excessive stretching during the break-in period, reducing maintenance time and component wear.
- The Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running.
- An Anti-vibration System helps reduce operator fatigue and improves comfort.
- Our Ematic™ Bar Lubrication System delivers proper lubrication while reducing oil usage by up to 50%.
- The Automatic Bar and Chain Oiler allows the operator to concentrate on cutting rather than bar and chain lubrication.
- Designed to stop the chain in fractions of a second, the STIHL Quickstop® Chain Brake System can be activated manually or by inertia if the kickback force is sufficient.
- The Translucent Fuel Tank allows the operator to easily check the fuel level before starting work while the Balanced Fuel and Oil Tank Capacities allow for efficient refills.
- The Front Handle is designed for a secure grip and is ergonomically angled for comfort.
- Front and Rear Hand Guards help reduce the risk of injury.
- Bumper Spikes help prevent pull-in and provide better control, making cutting easier.
- An All-position Carburetor allows the engine to run at full power in any approved operational position.
- A Combination Wrench/Screwdriver is supplied, providing easy and convenient adjustments to the saw.
- The Chain Catcher helps reduce the risk of operator contact by a chain if it should break or derail.
- Features like Heavy-duty Centrifugal Clutches, High-pressure Alloy Die Castings and STIHL-designed "longlife" cylinders help provide durable, long-lasting wear.
- Homeowners will also enjoy lightweight High-tech Polymer Housings for greater impact resistance, as well as Easy-to-Access Air Filters and Protected Spark Plugs.
- The Spark Arrester Muffler is designed to reduce noise levels and the emission of sparks.
- The Smooth Clean Design has no rough edges to snag on clothing or brush.
STIHL is the #1 selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment in America and the Number One selling brand of chain saws in the world*. Sold and serviced through our network of independent Dealers, STIHL power tools deliver versatility and dependability. STIHL tools are German engineered, and many are built right here in America and exported to over 90 countries around the world.* To find one of the over 8,000 STIHL Dealers near you, visit the Dealer Locator.
*A majority of STIHL products are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components. "Number one selling brand" is based on syndicated Irwin Broh Research as well as independent consumer research of 2009-2012 U.S. sales and market share data for the gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment category combined sales to consumers and commercial landscapers.
|MSA 200 C-BQ Specifications|
|GUIDE BAR LENGTHS* (Recommended ranges)||35 cm (14")|
|CHAIN OIL CAPACITY||210 cc (7.4 oz)|
|OILOMATIC® CHAIN||1/4" PM3|
|WEIGHT w/o BATTERY||3.3 kg (7.2 lb)|
|WEIGHT w/ BATTERY (AP 180)||5.0 kb (11.0 lb)|
|RUN TIME (w/ AP 180)||Up to 35 Minutes|
|*Strongly recommended for use with AP 180 only|
WARNING! Improper use of any power tool may cause serious
or fatal injury. Read, understand and follow carefully the operating
and safety instructions in your instruction manual before using such products.
STIHL products sold through U.S. STIHL dealers are for distribution in the United States only.
Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature
The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
STIHL Electric Motor
Lightweight and compact, STIHL electric motors require minimal maintenance and feature low noise levels and reduced vibration.
Ematic™ Lubrication System
The Ematic™ guide bar when used with STIHL OILOMATIC® saw chain will provide proper lubrication and less oil consumption than conventional methods. The system works because two ramps, strategically placed in the guide bar rail, help contain the flow of oil and direct all lubrication to the sliding faces of the bar and chain links as well as the rivets and driver holes, which in turn can reduce bar oil consumption up to 50%.
Adjustable Automatic Oiler
The Adjustable Automatic Oiler allows the user to adjust the lubricant of the guide bar and saw chain for different bar lengths and cutting conditions.
You Will Also Need
Your advanced STIHL Battery KombiSystem deserves an equally advanced charger. The STIHL AL 300 rapid battery charger fits that bill perfectly. Designed to charge your STIHL Lithium-Ion batteries in approximately 25 minutes*, the AL 300 is exactly what you need to power through your lawn care tasks. It features an onboard cooling fan and bright LED display to indicate current charge level. This smart charger even switches off automatically once your battery is fully charged.
*Charge time approximated using STIHL AP 80 Lithium-Ion batteries. Charge times may vary.
Designed to carry the weight of STIHL Lithium-Ion batteries around your waist – as well as provide convenient storage for additional batteries – the STIHL Battery Bag and Belt is your one-two punch of comfort and productivity. The belt is lightweight and features a comfortable cushion and harness buckle for ease of use. Its included battery bag holds the STIHL Lithium-Ion battery. You can even add up to two additional bags for extended operation.
But what really sets this accessory apart is its ability to power your tools from the belt itself. With its included battery adapter, you can keep the weight of the battery at your hip, making your already-light power tool unbelievably easy to operate and comfortable to hold while minimizing operator fatigue. Simply click the lightweight adapter where the battery would normally go and you’re ready to work. And with the optional double-shoulder harness, the weight of the batteries can be comfortably distributed to both the shoulders as well as the hips.
Battery not included
For extended landscaping tasks, the STIHL AP 180 Lithium-Ion battery is designed to deliver consistently long run times with no fades or "brown outs." The unique design of this 36-volt powerhouse keeps even the most demanding tools of the STIHL Battery Kombi line running at full speed until it's depleted – no gradual drops in power. And the LED charge display lets you know just how much juice you have to work with, so you don't get caught in the middle of a job. The AP 180 weighs a mere 3.8 lbs. and can be charged hundreds of times without any noticeable loss in capacity. Even after 500 charges, the battery retains over 80% capacity. The secret is in its engineering. The battery features specialized voltage monitors and temperature sensors to help ensure optimal operation and a long service life.
For Your Safety
For heavyweight protection that won’t weigh you down, choose Pro Mark™ Apron Chaps from STIHL. They’re rugged, yet comfortable to wear and easily fit over your work clothes. Sewn into the legs of the chaps are nine layers of Engtex®, a cut-retardant material designed to reduce the risk or severity of injury to the body parts covered by the pads in the event of contact with the rotating saw chain of a gasoline-powered chain saw. The open-back design of these chaps makes them a great choice for hot working conditions. These Pro Mark™ apron chaps provide three additional layers of Engtex® than our standard apron chaps. STIHL chain saw protective apparel is also wash and wear, unlike some other brands that require dry cleaning or light surface cleaning.
The STIHL Pro Mark™ designation identifies products for professional users.
Available color: High Visibility Orange
Available lengths: 32", 36", 40"
See it in action!
Get a grip on your chain saw with STIHL Cut-Retardant Mitts. Made with water-resistant nylon backs and goatskin palms, these mitts offer exceptional comfort and grip without sacrificing dexterity. Engtex®, a cut-retardant material, is sewn into the back of the left glove. These mitt-style gloves also feature a separate index finger for chain saw throttle operation, while hook and loop wrist straps make fitting a breeze. These chain saw protective gloves are an excellent choice for the professional logger. STIHL chain saw protective apparel is also wash and wear, unlike some other brands that require dry cleaning or light surface cleaning.
Available color: High Visibility Orange
Available sizes: S (8), M (9), L (10), XL (11)
See it in action!
Your work can take you to some of the toughest terrain. STIHL Forestry Boots are lined with two layers of cut-retardant Kevlar®, helping protect you from falling objects and hazards underfoot that can cause punctures. The boots are also flexible and water-resistant thanks to a leather upper construction. Foam padding from the heel to the wide steel toe enhances comfort while its Vibram® soles provide excellent abrasion resistance.
Meets OSHA Reg. 1910.266
Available sizes: 6-13 (in half-size increments), 14
NOTE: Women should order two sizes smaller than their normal shoe size.
The woods can hold many dangers. Stay one step ahead with the Forestry Helmet System from STIHL. The protection starts with a hard shell of ABS thermoplastic. It gets even better with a six-point, ratchet-style suspension system that absorbs shock and keeps the helmet stable while you work.
The system also features a Cool Guard sweatband to keep perspiration out of your eyes, as well as a built-in rain gutter to direct rain away from your face during inclement weather. Adjustable hearing protectors comfortably reduce noise while an epoxy-coated steel full-face screen helps protect from flying debris.
Hard hat meets ANSI Z89.1-2003 Type 1 Class G & C. Hearing protectors meet ANSI S3.19-1974 and have a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 24 dB(A).