MS 201 T
“The Ultimate Arborist Saw.” For in-tree professional use only.
We call it “the ultimate arborist saw.” And for good reason. Powered by scavenging engine technology, fuel consumption is reduced by 20% over former models, allowing you to cut more before refueling. In addition, this saw comes standard with the STIHL PICCO™ SUPER 3 saw chain for improved cutting and boring efficiency, as well as a longer cutting life.
When you live in the treetops, your chainsaw is your livelihood. The MS 201 T gives you the features you need – when you need them the most.
- The Top-handle Design is designed exclusively for in-tree use.
- The Extra Slim Profile is ideal for overall comfort and ease of use, especially handy when operating high above the ground.
- An ElastoStart™ Starter Handle has a built-in shock absorber for smoother starting.
- Its Side-access Chain Tensioner allows for easy tensioning of the saw chain.
- The Master Control Lever™ is a single lever that allows the user to operate the choke, starting throttle lock and on-off switch all from one convenient location.
- The IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor helps keep RPM levels even when the filter begins to clog.
- STIHL manufactures its own saw chain for optimal performance and compatibility with your STIHL chainsaw. Swiss-made STIHL OILOMATIC® Saw Chain is pre-stretched before it leaves the factory, which helps eliminate excessive stretching during the break-in period, reducing maintenance time and component wear.
- The Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running.
- The Anti-vibration System helps reduce operator fatigue and improves comfort.
- Our Ematic™ Bar Lubrication System delivers proper lubrication while reducing oil usage by up to 50%.
- The Automatic Bar and Chain Oiler allows the operator to concentrate on cutting rather than bar and chain lubrication.
- Designed to stop the chain in fractions of a second, the STIHL Quickstop® Chain Brake System can be activated manually or by inertia if the kickback force is sufficient.
- The Translucent Fuel Tank allows the operator to easily check the fuel level before starting work while the Balanced Fuel and Oil Tank Capacities allow for efficient refills.
- The Front Handle is designed for a secure grip and is ergonomically angled for comfort.
- Front and Rear Hand Guards help reduce the risk of injury.
- Bumper Spikes help prevent pull-in and provide better control, making cutting easier.
- An All-position Carburetor allows the engine to run at full power in any approved operational position.
- A Combination Wrench/Screwdriver is supplied, providing easy and convenient adjustments to the saw.
- The Chain Catcher helps reduce the risk of operator contact by a chain if it should break or derail.
- Features like Heavy-duty Centrifugal Clutches, High-pressure Alloy Die Castings and STIHL-designed cylinders help provide durable, long-lasting wear.
- The Easy-to-Access Air Filters and Protected Spark Plugs provide easy chainsaw maintenance.
- The Spark Arrester Muffler is designed to reduce noise levels and the emission of sparks.
- The Smooth Clean Design has no rough edges to snag on clothing or brush.
STIHL is the #1 selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment in America*. Sold and serviced through our network of independent Dealers, STIHL power tools deliver versatility and dependability. STIHL tools are German engineered, and many are built right here in America and exported to over 90 countries around the world.* To find one of the over 8,000 STIHL Dealers near you, visit the Dealer Locator.
*A majority of STIHL powerheads are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components. "Number one selling brand" is based on syndicated Irwin Broh Research as well as independent consumer research of 2009-2013 U.S. sales and market share data for the gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment category combined sales to consumers and commercial landscapers ©2014 STIHL.
|MS 201 T Specifications - Professional In-Tree Use Only|
|DISPLACEMENT||35.2 cc (2.14 cu. in.)|
|ENGINE POWER||1.8 kW (2.41 bhp)|
|POWERHEAD WEIGHT||3.71 kg (8.16 Ibs.)|
|GUIDE BAR LENGTHS* (Recommended ranges)||30 to 40 cm (12" to 16") STIHL ROLLOMATIC® E or STIHL ROLLOMATIC® E Light|
|FUEL CAPACITY||310 cc (10.5 oz.)|
|CHAIN OIL CAPACITY||220 cc (7.4 oz.)|
|OILOMATIC® CHAIN||63 PS3|
|STIHL recommends #3616 (63 PS3 50) OILOMATIC® saw chain and 14" 3005 000 7409 EmaticTM guide bar combination. The actual listed guide bar length can vary from the effective cutting length depending upon which powerhead it is installed.|
WARNING! The occurrence called “kickback” can cause serious
or fatal injury. Always read the instruction manual carefully before
using your saw. STIHL uses a green and yellow color-coding
system to help you select a powerhead, bar and chain combination
that complies with the kickback requirements of ANSI
Standard B175.1 (gasoline-powered saws) and §30 of UL 1662/
ANSI Standard B175.1 (electric chain saws). Ask your STIHL
dealer about safe operating procedures and the advantages of
the STIHL Quickstop® chain brake, STIHL Quickstop® Plus additional chain braking feature (Q), STIHL reduced kickback bars and STIHL low-kickback
STIHL recommends the use of green reduced kickback bars and green low kickback chains on all STIHL chain saws.
* The actual listed guide bar length can vary from the effective cutting length depending upon which power head it is installed.
Note: STIHL recommends use of fuel with no more than 10% Ethanol content. Using fuel with greater than 10% Ethanol content may cause damage to your equipment and may void your STIHL warranty. Learn More…
WARNING! Improper use of any power tool may cause serious
or fatal injury. Read, understand and follow carefully the operating
and safety instructions in your instruction manual before using such products.
STIHL products sold through U.S. STIHL dealers are for distribution in the United States only.
Adjustable Automatic Oiler
The Adjustable Automatic Oiler allows the user to adjust the lubricant of the guide bar and saw chain for different bar lengths and cutting conditions.
Built-in retractable carry ring
The built-in carry handle makes it convenient and easy to maneuver in and out of trees.
Top handle (T)
The top-handle model is specially designed for in-tree professional use only!
Master Control Lever™
The Master Control Lever™ is an easy to use single lever, operating the choke, starting throttle lock and on-off switch. The operator must pull the throttle trigger before moving the Master Control Lever™ to the choke position.
Common Features for Chain Saws
View the features common to many STIHL chain saws.
You Will Also Need
Don’t let friction cut down your chainsaw’s performance. STIHL bar and chain oil is specially formulated to adhere to your chainsaw’s bar and chain, providing optimal lubrication. Special oils help prevent sap and pitch from clinging, prolonging cutting performance and the lifespan of your chain parts. Ideal for use in moderate temperatures, STIHL bar and chain oil provides quality protection for your chainsaw – bar none.
No matter how you slice it (or trim it or shred it), there’s no better protection for your high performance 2-stroke engine than STIHL HP Ultra. This 2-cycle engine oil has outstanding engine cleaning characteristics, plus “ultra” lubricating qualities that’s superior to other 2-cycle engine oils. This fully synthetic oil is also highly biodegradable, degrading by 80% in 21 days. We’re so confident this oil will protect your engine, we’ll double your STIHL limited warranty* when you use it. It’s that good.
*Double your warranty when you include STIHL HP Ultra Oil (six 2.6-oz. bottles) or STIHL MotoMix® premixed fuel (six 32-oz. cans or a 1-gal. container) with your STIHL product purchase. Double limited warranty protection applies to STIHL gasoline-powered products purchased and registered for personal non-income producing, family and household purposes only. Other restrictions apply. See dealer for details.
Includes file guide, depth gauge, round file, flat file and two file handles in tool pouch. Kits available for the following chain types: STIHL PICCO™ Mini; 1/4" pitch chain; .325" pitch chain; 3/8" pitch chain; .404" pitch chain.
No-Spill® fuel containers advance convenience and quality in gasoline-can design by reducing emissions of hydrocarbons from evaporation, permeation and spillage. This helps protect the environment as well as saves you on fuel costs due to waste. Each container is molded from fluorinated, high molecular weight material for low permeation. The thumb-button flow control allows filling even smaller-sized tanks reducing the risk of spilling and is designed to stop the flow automatically when the tank becomes full to prevent overflowing. Built on a wide and stable base for less likelihood of upsets and equipped with child-resistant closures, all No-Spill® containers comply with both EPA and CARB requirements. With 1¼-gallon, 2 ½-gallon and 5-gallon sizes available, you’re sure to find one that fits your needs.
For Your Safety
For heavyweight protection that won’t weigh you down, choose Pro Mark™ Apron Chaps from STIHL. They’re rugged, yet comfortable to wear and easily fit over your work clothes. Sewn into the legs of the chaps are nine layers of Avertic™ Pro by Engtex®, a cut-retardant material designed to reduce the risk or severity of injury to the body parts covered by the pads in the event of contact with the rotating saw chain of a gasoline-powered chainsaw. The open-back design of these chaps makes them a great choice for hot working conditions. These Pro Mark™ apron chaps provide three additional layers of Avertic™ Pro by Engtex® cut retardant material than our standard apron chaps. STIHL chainsaw protective apparel is also wash and wear, unlike some other brands that require dry cleaning or light surface cleaning.
The STIHL Pro Mark™ designation identifies products for professional users.
Available color: High Visibility Orange
Available lengths: 32", 36", 40"
See it in action!
Get a grip on your chainsaw with STIHL Cut-Retardant Mitts. Made with water-resistant nylon backs and goatskin palms, these mitts offer exceptional comfort and grip without sacrificing dexterity. Avertic™ Pro by Engtex®, a cut-retardant material, is sewn into the back of the left glove. These mitt-style gloves also feature a separate index finger for chainsaw throttle operation, while hook and loop wrist straps make fitting a breeze. These chainsaw protective gloves are an excellent choice for the professional logger. STIHL chainsaw protective apparel is also wash and wear, unlike some other brands that require dry cleaning or light surface cleaning.
Available color: High Visibility Orange
Available sizes: S (8), M (9), L (10), XL (11)
The woods can hold many dangers. Stay one step ahead with the Forestry Helmet System from STIHL. The protection starts with a hard shell of ABS thermoplastic. It gets even better with a six-point, ratchet-style suspension system that absorbs shock and keeps the helmet stable while you work.
The system also features a Cool Guard sweatband to keep perspiration out of your eyes, as well as a built-in rain gutter to direct rain away from your face during inclement weather. Adjustable hearing protectors comfortably reduce noise while an epoxy-coated steel full-face screen helps protect from flying debris.
Hard hat meets ANSI Z89.1-2003 Type 1 Class G. Hearing protectors meet ANSI S3.19-1974 and have a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 24 dB(A).