KM 90 R
This professional-grade KombiMotor features a powerful, low-emission engine and 15% more engine power than the KM 56 RC-E.
The KM 90 R KombiMotor gives professional landscapers ultimate control over their tool selection. Instead of a pile of tools for every job the day holds, why not have one dependable engine power your entire workflow? That’s exactly what the KM 90 R KombiMotor delivers, all in a handheld, low-emission package. Whether you’re looking to supplement your current collection of power tools, or streamline your entire operation, this KombiMotor is a solid investment for any professional.
NOTE: STIHL KombiMotors and STIHL KombiSystem attachments are sold separately.
The STIHL KombiSystem for professional landscapers adds more power and durability to its already versatile system of attachments. These KM Series KombiMotors include top-of-the-line components, giving professionals the ability to complete a range of outdoor tasks day after day. Here are some of the common features you’ll find on every STIHL Professional KombiMotor:
- Patented Low Emission, Fuel-Efficient Engine reduces exhaust emissions while saving on fuel costs.
- Multi-Function Control Handle delivers easy access to ON/OFF and throttle controls on one comfortable handle. This makes it easy to use without the operator’s hand ever leaving the handle.
- Anti-Vibration System minimizes the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- Ergonomic Design reduces fatigue and enables comfortable operation.
- Smooth Edges will not snag on clothing or brush.
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running.
- Adjustable Front Handle and Harness can be positioned for optimal comfort.
- Quick-Release Coupling system makes it easy to switch between Kombi attachments. In addition, this feature allows KombiSystem equipment to be assembled quickly and without tools.
- 14 Optional, Interchangeable Attachments allow you to trim, edge, prune, clean up and more.
- Easy-Access Air Filter allows for easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- High-Tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion resistant.
- Heavy-Duty Steel-on-Steel Centrifugal Clutch helps reduce slippage and provides durable, long-lasting wear.
- Built-in Hanger in the rear for easy storage.
- Throttle Trigger Interlock helps prevent accidental acceleration.
- Enclosed Throttle Cables eliminate dangling and loose wires.
- 2-Ring Pistons improve engine efficiency and hold compression longer than 1-ring pistons. Also they transfer heat from the piston to cylinder better, helping engine stay cooler and last longer.
- Long-Life Engine Cylinders provide optimal cooling, lubrication and more power output per cubic centimeter of engine displacement for maximum wear life.
- Protected Choke Lever/Knob helps prevent damage.
- Protected Spark Plug is protected yet easy to change.
- Purge Pump Primer enables the user to prime the carburetor with fuel, providing easier starts.
- Spark Arrester Muffler has large baffles which reduce noise level and contains a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
- Upright Fuel Tank with Retainer Cap for easy fueling in the field.
- Fully Lined Drive Shaft provides smooth operation and less vibration.
See the STIHL KombiSystem’s full potential at your local servicing STIHL Dealer. Our KombiSystem experts can walk you through how easy it is to switch out attachments, as well as help you find the right powerhead for your needs. While you’re there, ask your Dealer about outfitting you and your crew with our wide selection of protective work wear, including reflective safety vests, protective glasses, gloves and headphone radios.
STIHL is the #1 selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment in America and the Number One selling brand of chainsaws in the world*. Sold and serviced through our network of independent Dealers, STIHL power tools deliver versatility and dependability. STIHL tools are German engineered, and many are built right here in America and exported to over 90 countries around the world.* To find one of the over 8,000 STIHL Dealers near you, visit the Dealer Locator.
*A majority of STIHL powerheads are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components. "Number one selling brand" is based on syndicated Irwin Broh Research as well as independent consumer research of 2009-2013 U.S. sales and market share data for the gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment category combined sales to consumers and commercial landscapers ©2014 STIHL.
|KM 90 R Specifications - Professional Use|
|DISPLACEMENT||28.4 cc (1.73 cu. in.)|
|ENGINE POWER||0.95 kW (1.27 bhp)|
|WEIGHT||4.5 kg (9.9 lbs.)|
|FUEL CAPACITY||530 cc (18.0 oz.)|
Note: STIHL engine products with the Caring for Nature logo are cleaner than EPA Standards for exhaust emissions.
Note: STIHL recommends use of fuel with no more than 10% Ethanol content. Using fuel with greater than 10% Ethanol content may cause damage to your equipment and may void your STIHL warranty. Learn More…
WARNING! Improper use of any power tool may cause serious
or fatal injury. Read, understand and follow carefully the operating
and safety instructions in your instruction manual before using such products.
STIHL products sold through U.S. STIHL dealers are for distribution in the United States only.
Built in the USA
Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature
The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
The loop handle (R) is an adjustable rounded handle mounted on the shaft for support and control. The handle is designed to help control the machine in different positions, ideal for reaching tough spots. The handle is large enough to accommodate a gloved hand comfortably.
The quick-release coupling system makes it easy to switch between Kombi attachments. In addition, this feature allows KombiSystem equipment to be dismantled into two parts for easy transport and storage and then re-assembled quickly without tools.
See it in action!
A split shaft and special toolless quick-release coupling lets you easily switch between attachments, making the KombiSystem highly versatile as well as easy to transport and store.
STIHL has a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
Electronic Ignition Module
The electronic ignition provides reliable starting and because it is fully enclosed, it is protected from moisture and debris for longer service life.
Purge Pump Primer
A small fuel pump delivers fuel to the carburetor when pushed, reducing the number of starting strokes required following extended breaks in operation.
Multi-Function Control Handle
Having easy access to all of the controls on one comfortable handle help makes it easier to complete tasks so the operator’s hand never has to leave the handle.
You Will Also Need
No matter how you slice it (or trim it or shred it), there’s no better protection for your high performance 2-stroke engine than STIHL HP Ultra. This 2-cycle engine oil has outstanding engine cleaning characteristics, plus “ultra” lubricating qualities that’s superior to other 2-cycle engine oils. This fully synthetic oil is also highly biodegradable, degrading by 80% in 21 days. We’re so confident this oil will protect your engine, we’ll double your STIHL limited warranty* when you use it. It’s that good.
*Double your warranty when you include STIHL HP Ultra Oil (six 2.6-oz. bottles) or STIHL MotoMix® premixed fuel (six 32-oz. cans or a 1-gal. container) with your STIHL product purchase. Double limited warranty protection applies to STIHL gasoline-powered products purchased and registered for personal non-income producing, family and household purposes only. Other restrictions apply. See dealer for details.
No-Spill® fuel containers advance convenience and quality in gasoline-can design by reducing emissions of hydrocarbons from evaporation, permeation and spillage. This helps protect the environment as well as saves you on fuel costs due to waste. Each container is molded from fluorinated, high molecular weight material for low permeation. The thumb-button flow control allows filling even smaller-sized tanks reducing the risk of spilling and is designed to stop the flow automatically when the tank becomes full to prevent overflowing. Built on a wide and stable base for less likelihood of upsets and equipped with child-resistant closures, all No-Spill® containers comply with both EPA and CARB requirements. With 1¼-gallon, 2 ½-gallon and 5-gallon sizes available, you’re sure to find one that fits your needs.
For Your Safety
Sleek and smart, STIHL GSX Glasses are an ideal combination of style and protection. Adjustable temples allow a customized fit while a soft nose pad offers comfort that lasts all day. These polycarbonate glasses feature impact-resistant lenses and filter out 99% of harmful UV rays.
Meets ANSI Z87+ Standard
Available lens colors: Smoke Mirror, Blue Mirror
STIHL HomeScaper Series™ Gloves feature a surprisingly soft and durable goat skin leather, which lasts twice as long as common leathers. Innovative keyed thumb stitching provides super comfort and gripping ability. The gloves also feature open cuffs for improved airflow and gathered wrists for a snug fit that keeps out dirt and other debris.
Materials: Goat skin leather
Available sizes: S, M, L, XL
Turn workplace noise into beautiful music with the HP 25 R Headphone Radio from STIHL. These hearing protectors turn down the volume on loud equipment and feature an AM/FM tuner. They are also MP3 capable, so you can work to your own beats.
Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 25 dB(A)
Available color: Orange
NOTE: Includes MP3 cable and batteries