With the STIHL KombiSystem, you only need one powerhead for your hedge trimming, edging, pruning, cleaning and cultivating needs. Each attachment slides into the KombiMotor effortlessly and is secured via a quick-release coupling system. Just slide, twist and you’re ready to go. This system not only saves on storage space, it completely eliminates the additional fuel cost, maintenance and headache that comes with owning a fleet of yard tools. Best of all, the STIHL KombiSystem is lightweight and comfortable to use, making it the ultimate portable powerhouse.
NOTE: STIHL KombiMotors and STIHL KombiSystem attachments are sold separately.
When you’re replacing multiple pieces of outdoor equipment, you want assurance that your STIHL KombiSystem is made to last. Our homeowner KM Series KombiMotors are crafted from durable, premium components. Here are just a few of the common features you’ll find on our STIHL KombiMotors:
- Multi-Function Control Handle delivers easy access to ON/OFF and throttle controls on one comfortable handle. This makes it easy to use without the operator’s hand ever leaving the handle.
- Fuel-Efficient Engine reduces fuel costs.
- Ergonomic Design reduces fatigue and enables comfortable operation.
- Smooth Edges will not snag on clothing or brush.
- Adjustable Front Handle and Harness can be positioned for optimal comfort.
- Quick-Release Coupling system makes it easy to switch between Kombi attachments. In addition, this feature allows KombiSystem equipment to be assembled quickly and without tools.
- 13 Optional, Interchangeable Attachments allow you to trim, edge, prune, clean up and more.
- Easy-Access Air Filter allows for easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running.
- Built-in Hanger in the rear for easy storage.
- High-Tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion resistant.
- Heavy-Duty Steel-on-Steel Centrifugal Clutch helps reduce slippage and provides durable, long-lasting wear.
- Long-Life Engine Cylinders provide optimal cooling, lubrication and more power output per cubic centimeter of engine displacement for maximum wear life.
- Protected Choke Lever/Knob helps prevent damage.
- Protected Spark Plug is protected yet easy to change.
- Purge Pump Primer lets you prime the carburetor without flooding it.
- Enclosed Throttle Cables eliminate dangling and loose wires.
- Spark Arrester Muffler has large baffles which reduce noise level and contains a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
- Throttle Trigger Interlock helps prevent accidental acceleration.
- Upright Fuel Tank with Retainer Cap for easy fueling in the field.
- Fully Lined Drive Shaft provides smooth operation and less vibration.
For more information and hands-on demonstrations, visit your local, servicing STIHL Dealer. Our KombiSystem experts will walk you through how easy it is to switch out attachments and help you find the KombiMotor and KombiSystem attachments that best suit your needs.
STIHL is the #1 selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment in America and the Number One selling brand of chain saws in the world*. Sold and serviced through our network of independent Dealers, STIHL power tools deliver versatility and dependability. STIHL tools are German engineered, and many are built right here in America and exported to over 90 countries around the world.* To find one of the over 8,000 STIHL Dealers near you, visit the Dealer Locator.
*A majority of STIHL products are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components. "Number one selling brand" is based on syndicated Irwin Broh Research as well as independent consumer research of 2009-2013 U.S. sales and market share data for the gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment category combined sales to consumers and commercial landscapers ©2014 STIHL.
|Compare||Model||Displacement||Engine Power||Weight||Fuel Capacity|
|KM 56 RC-E||27.2 cc (1.66 cu in)||0.8 kW (1.1 bhp)||4.3 kg (9.5 lbs.)||340 cc (11.5 oz.)|