HSA 66 STIHL Lithium-Ion Hedge Trimmer
NOTE: HSA 66 Hedge Trimmer, battery, and charger are all sold separately.
The STIHL HSA 66 Lithium-Ion hedge trimmer features a 36-volt lithium-ion battery and delivers strong, quiet cutting performance. Another tool in the STIHL Battery KombiSystem, the HSA 66 runs on the same universal battery shared by all Battery KombiSystem tools. Its energy-efficient design allows for up to 40% longer run times when compared to the previous model. And as always, there’s no gradual drop in performance – it runs at full power until the battery is fully depleted.
The HSA 66 is also a full pound lighter than the previous model, making it less fatiguing and easier to maneuver for landscaping professionals. And because there is no gasoline, no fuel cost, and no restrictive power cords, the HSA 66 delivers an excellent combination of performance and efficiency. The STIHL HSA 66 also has no exhaust emissions and is four times quieter than its gasoline-powered equivalent, making it an excellent alternative in environmentally sensitive areas.
The HSA 66 features optimized blade geometry and diamond-ground blade edges for clean cuts, even through thick and tough shrubbery. The 20” blade length is an efficient working length for most applications and a tip protector helps protect blade tip from damage. The HSA 66 lithium-ion hedge trimmer is a great choice for professionals interested in both controlled sculpting and general hedge trimming tasks.
Note: Run time on a single battery charge can vary based on battery type, charge level, tool model, operating conditions, user operating style and remaining battery capacity. HSA 66 hedge trimmer, battery and charger are all sold separately.
STIHL hedge trimmers and extended-reach hedge trimmers for professionals are made with premium components to ensure consistent performance, long product life and greater versatility. Get better acquainted with our professional series gasoline-powered hedge trimmers by reviewing this list of common trimmer features:
Professional Hedge Trimmers have the following features in common:
- Multi-Function Control Handle delivers easy access to ON/OFF and throttle controls on one comfortable handle. This makes it easy to use without the operator’s hand ever leaving the handle.
- Anti-Vibration System minimizes the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- Built-in Hanger in Rear Handle allows for easy storage.
- Easy-Access Air Filter allows for easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Hardened and Precision-Ground Cutting Blades provide durability and long wear.
- Large Front Handle for multi-position cutting.
- Starting Throttle Lock keeps the throttle partially open during starting.
- Upright Fuel Tank with Retainer Cap for easy fueling.
In addition to the features listed above, Professional Extended-Reach Hedge Trimmers also have the following:
- Patented Low Emission, Fuel-Efficient Engine reduces exhaust emissions while saving on fuel costs.
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running.
- Adjustable Front Handle can be positioned for optimal comfort.
- Reduced Vibration for enhanced user comfort.
- Smooth Edges will not snag on clothing or brush.
- Throttle Trigger Interlock helps prevent accidental acceleration. It must be depressed before the throttle trigger can be activated (gasoline-powered engines).
- Double-Sided Reciprocating Blades for faster trimming.
- Easy-Access Air Filter allows for easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Easy-Access Carburetor Adjustment allows for quick and easy maintenance and/or replacement.
- 2-Ring Pistons improve engine efficiency and hold compression longer than 1-ring pistons. Also they transfer heat from the piston to cylinder better, helping engine stay cooler and last longer.
- Heavy-Duty Steel on Steel Clutch provides durable, long-lasting wear.
- High-tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion resistant.
- Interchangeable Gearbox allows hedge trimmer to be converted to a grass trimmer, edger and more with optional gearbox attachments.
- Long-Life Engine Cylinders provide optimal cooling, lubrication and more power output per cubic centimeter of engine displacement for maximum wear life.
- Enclosed Throttle Cables eliminate dangling and loose wires.
- Protected Spark Plug is protected yet easy to change.
- Protected Throttle Trigger helps prevent damage.
- Purge Pump Primer enables the user to prime the carburetor with fuel, providing easier starts.
- Fully Lined Drive Shaft provides smooth operation and less vibration.
Visit your local STIHL Dealer to see these hedge trimmer features in person. Your STIHL Dealer will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. Together, we’ll help you find the hedge trimmer that best suits your needs.
STIHL is the #1 selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment in America and the Number One selling brand of chainsaws in the world*. Sold and serviced through our network of independent Dealers, STIHL power tools deliver versatility and dependability. STIHL tools are German engineered, and many are built right here in America and exported to over 90 countries around the world.* To find one of the over 8,000 STIHL Dealers near you, visit the Dealer Locator.
*A majority of STIHL powerheads are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components. "Number one selling brand" is based on syndicated Irwin Broh Research as well as independent consumer research of 2009-2013 U.S. sales and market share data for the gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment category combined sales to consumers and commercial landscapers ©2014 STIHL.
|HSA 66 Specifications - Professional Use|
|STROKES PER MINUTE||3000|
|WEIGHT w/ BATTERY (AP 80)||4.3 kg (9.5 lbs.)|
|WEIGHT (w/ AP 180)||4.9 kg (10.7 lbs.)|
|RUN TIME (w/ AP 180)||Up to 140 minutes|
|RUN TIME (w/ AR 900)||Up to 660 minutes|
|Battery and charger sold separately.|
WARNING! Improper use of any power tool may cause serious
or fatal injury. Read, understand and follow carefully the operating
and safety instructions in your instruction manual before using such products.
STIHL products sold through U.S. STIHL dealers are for distribution in the United States only.
Double-Sided Cutting Blades
STIHL hedge trimmers with double-sided cutting blades cut both directions.
Equipment with this feature is easily started by activating switches on the loop handle and the rear handle at the same time. The cutting speed can be adjusted using the rear trigger control, allowing for a fine and precise cut. The two-handed design is suitable for both left and right-handed users.
Ergonomic Loop Handle
The ergonomic loop handle is ideal for making cuts in any direction.
The tip protector makes cutting near the ground or along walls easier while protecting the trimmer’s cutters from damage.
The engine housing has smooth surfaces and round contours that help to keep it from getting caught on branches during use. The design also makes cleaning easy.
The blade cover helps protect the cutting blade during storage and transport.
Vertical Hanging Slot
The built-in hanging slot allows for easy storage when not in use.
See it in action!
You Will Also Need
The Reflective Safety Vest from STIHL meets the standard for use along highways and other high-traffic areas. It features a longer tail in back for maximum reflective exposure – great for workers using backpack blowers. Two front pockets and one chest pocket provide great utility for carrying job necessities.
Meets ANSI/ISEA 107-2004 standard
Available color: High-Visibility Yellow
Available sizes: M, L, XL, XXL
Designed to carry the weight of STIHL Lithium-Ion batteries around your waist – as well as provide convenient storage for additional batteries – the STIHL Battery Bag and Belt is your one-two punch of comfort and productivity. The belt is lightweight and features a comfortable cushion and harness buckle for ease of use. Its included battery bag holds the STIHL Lithium-Ion battery. You can even add up to two additional bags for extended operation.
But what really sets this accessory apart is its ability to power your tools from the belt itself. With its included battery adapter, you can keep the weight of the battery at your hip, making your already-light power tool unbelievably easy to operate and comfortable to hold while minimizing operator fatigue. Simply click the lightweight adapter where the battery would normally go and you’re ready to work. And with the optional double-shoulder harness, the weight of the batteries can be comfortably distributed to both the shoulders as well as the hips.
Battery not included
For extended landscaping tasks, the STIHL AP 180 Lithium-Ion battery is designed to deliver consistently long run times with no fades or "brown outs." The unique design of this 36-volt powerhouse keeps even the most demanding tools of the STIHL Battery Kombi line running at full speed until it's depleted – no gradual drops in power. And the LED charge display lets you know just how much juice you have to work with, so you don't get caught in the middle of a job. The AP 180 weighs a mere 3.8 lbs. and can be charged hundreds of times without any noticeable loss in capacity. Even after 500 charges, the battery retains over 80% capacity. The secret is in its engineering. The battery features specialized voltage monitors and temperature sensors to help ensure optimal operation and a long service life.
Part of the STIHL Lithium-Ion Battery KombiSystem, the AL 500 delivers the fastest charging time for all STIHL Lithium-Ion batteries. Now, you can spend less time charging and complete your projects faster. The AL 500 will even charge the high-capacity AR 900 backpack battery in less than 2 hours. For AP 80 and AP 180 batteries, charge time is just 25 minutes!
For Your Safety
For landscapers who work extensively with their hands, the Landscaper Series Gloves from STIHL are made from strong-yet-supple deerhide leather. They provide fantastic wear properties and an excellent sense of touch and feel. The naturally soft leather provides all-day working comfort.
Materials: Deerhide leather
Available sizes: S, M, L, XL
Cut through your day with the protection and comfort of the STIHL Brush Shield Protector. Developed for users of clearing saws, trimmers and brushcutters, the shield offers face and hearing protection in a lightweight package. The epoxy-coated steel full-face screen helps protect you from flying debris while comfortable, adjustable hearing protectors help reduce loud tool and engine noise.
Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 25 dB(A)
NOTE: Goggles or protective glasses meeting ANSI Standard Z87.1 must by worn under face screen and shield for primary eye protection.
A combination of safety and style, Camo Glasses from STIHL provide 99% UV protection in a sleek, camo-pattern frame. The single lens, wrap-around design offers great protection and an overall modern look. The lenses are made from an optical-grade polycarbonate. Soft rubber temple tips and nosepiece are designed to help maintain fit while reducing slippage.
Meets ANSI Z87+ standard
Available lens colors: Bronze, Smoke, Yellow
Top-quality hearing protection you can keep in your pocket. NRR 27 Reusable Ear Plugs from STIHL feature multiple layers of air cushioning for superior noise reduction and long-lasting comfort. Their tapered design provides a secure seal that keeps you protected almost anywhere – from the shooting range to the job site. And thanks to the included nylon cord and carrying case, you can keep your ear plugs handy for the long haul.