HS 56 C-E
This lightweight hedge trimmer features professional-grade cutting power and Easy2Start™ technology.
The STIHL HS 56 C-E hedge trimmer is the ideal balance of power and portability for trimming professionals. Its 24” cutting blade is supported by a remarkably lightweight design, adding comfort and control to those extended cutting and pruning jobs. It comes with a blade tip guard that protects the blades, keeping them sharper, longer while making it easier to trim plants that grow near wires and fences. And thanks to its Easy2Start™ technology, getting your trimming day started is as easy as gently pulling a cord.
STIHL hedge trimmers and extended-reach hedge trimmers for professionals are made with premium components to ensure consistent performance, long product life and greater versatility. Get better acquainted with our professional series gasoline-powered hedge trimmers by reviewing this list of common trimmer features:
Professional Hedge Trimmers have the following features in common:
- Multi-Function Control Handle delivers easy access to ON/OFF and throttle controls on one comfortable handle. This makes it easy to use without the operator’s hand ever leaving the handle.
- Anti-Vibration System minimizes the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- Built-in Hanger in Rear Handle allows for easy storage.
- Easy-Access Air Filter allows for easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Hardened and Precision-Ground Cutting Blades provide durability and long wear.
- Large Front Handle for multi-position cutting.
- Starting Throttle Lock keeps the throttle partially open during starting.
- Upright Fuel Tank with Retainer Cap for easy fueling.
In addition to the features listed above, Professional Extended-Reach Hedge Trimmers also have the following:
- Patented Low Emission, Fuel-Efficient Engine reduces exhaust emissions while saving on fuel costs.
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running.
- Adjustable Front Handle can be positioned for optimal comfort.
- Reduced Vibration for enhanced user comfort.
- Smooth Edges will not snag on clothing or brush.
- Throttle Trigger Interlock helps prevent accidental acceleration. It must be depressed before the throttle trigger can be activated (gasoline-powered engines).
- Double-Sided Reciprocating Blades for faster trimming.
- Easy-Access Air Filter allows for easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Easy-Access Carburetor Adjustment allows for quick and easy maintenance and/or replacement.
- 2-Ring Pistons improve engine efficiency and hold compression longer than 1-ring pistons. Also they transfer heat from the piston to cylinder better, helping engine stay cooler and last longer.
- Heavy-Duty Steel on Steel Clutch provides durable, long-lasting wear.
- High-tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion resistant.
- Interchangeable Gearbox allows hedge trimmer to be converted to a grass trimmer, edger and more with optional gearbox attachments.
- Long-Life Engine Cylinders provide optimal cooling, lubrication and more power output per cubic centimeter of engine displacement for maximum wear life.
- Enclosed Throttle Cables eliminate dangling and loose wires.
- Protected Spark Plug is protected yet easy to change.
- Protected Throttle Trigger helps prevent damage.
- Purge Pump Primer enables the user to prime the carburetor with fuel, providing easier starts.
- Fully Lined Drive Shaft provides smooth operation and less vibration.
Visit your local STIHL Dealer to see these hedge trimmer features in person. Your STIHL Dealer will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. Together, we’ll help you find the hedge trimmer that best suits your needs.
STIHL is the #1 selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment in America and the Number One selling brand of chain saws in the world*. Sold and serviced through our network of independent Dealers, STIHL power tools deliver versatility and dependability. STIHL tools are German engineered, and many are built right here in America and exported to over 90 countries around the world.* To find one of the over 8,000 STIHL Dealers near you, visit the Dealer Locator.
*A majority of STIHL products are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components. "Number one selling brand" is based on syndicated Irwin Broh Research as well as independent consumer research of 2009-2013 U.S. sales and market share data for the gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment category combined sales to consumers and commercial landscapers ©2014 STIHL.
|HS 56 C-E Specifications - Professional Use|
|DISPLACEMENT||21.4 cc (1.31 cu. in.)|
|ENGINE POWER||0.65 kW (0.87 bhp)|
|WEIGHT||4.5 kg (9.9 lbs.)|
|FUEL CAPACITY||280 cc (9.5 oz.)|
|STROKES PER MINUTE||3640|
Note: STIHL recommends use of fuel with no more than 10% Ethanol content. Using fuel with greater than 10% Ethanol content may cause damage to your equipment and may void your STIHL warranty. Learn More…
WARNING! Improper use of any power tool may cause serious
or fatal injury. Read, understand and follow carefully the operating
and safety instructions in your instruction manual before using such products.
STIHL products sold through U.S. STIHL dealers are for distribution in the United States only.
STIHL has a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
The dual-ground blade system provides a clean cut and is ideal for cutting through stronger, thicker branches.
The STIHL Easy2Start™ system makes starting STIHL® outdoor power tools almost effortless, eliminating the need for a strong pull of the starting cord. This advanced starting system is designed to make starting STIHL® products fast and easy. The specific system may vary by model, but in each case, a quick pull overcomes the engine’s compression to minimize the strength and effort required to start. Available on selected products.
Common Features for Hedge Trimmers
View the features common to many STIHL hedge trimmers.
You Will Also Need
No matter how you slice it (or trim it or shred it), there’s no better protection for your high performance 2-stroke engine than STIHL HP Ultra. This 2-cycle engine oil has outstanding engine cleaning characteristics, plus “ultra” lubricating qualities that’s superior to other 2-cycle engine oils. This fully synthetic oil is also highly biodegradable, degrading by 80% in 21 days. We’re so confident this oil will protect your engine, we’ll double your STIHL limited warranty* when you use it. It’s that good.
*Double your warranty when you include 6 bottles of STIHL HP Ultra Oil or 6 cans of STIHL MotoMix® Premixed Fuel with your STIHL product purchase. Double limited warranty protection applies to STIHL gasoline-powered products purchased and registered for personal non-income producing, family and household purposes only. Other restrictions apply. See dealer for details.
No-Spill® fuel containers advance convenience and quality in gasoline-can design by reducing emissions of hydrocarbons from evaporation, permeation and spillage. This helps protect the environment as well as saves you on fuel costs due to waste. Each container is molded from fluorinated, high molecular weight material for low permeation. The thumb-button flow control allows filling even smaller-sized tanks reducing the risk of spilling and is designed to stop the flow automatically when the tank becomes full to prevent overflowing. Built on a wide and stable base for less likelihood of upsets and equipped with child-resistant closures, all No-Spill® containers comply with both EPA and CARB requirements. With 1¼-gallon, 2 ½-gallon and 5-gallon sizes available, you’re sure to find one that fits your needs.
For Your Safety
When used for cutting jobs, these camo-colored Hunter Bib Chaps from STIHL offer protection with six layers of cut-retardant Engtex® material. When used for hunting, their zippered bib pocket can be used for hunting essentials. The chaps are one size fits all, including a waist extender and interlocking buckle that adjusts from 30’’ to 42’’. STIHL chain saw protective apparel is also wash and wear, unlike some other brands that require dry cleaning or light surface cleaning.
Available color: High Visibility Orange Camouflage, Green Camouflage
Available length: One size fits all (38” from waist to boot)
NOTE: STIHL chaps have a tough outer shell of oil/water-resistant nylon, treated with rain/stain repellent.
See it in action!
For landscapers who work extensively with their hands, the Landscaper Series Gloves from STIHL are made from strong-yet-supple deerhide leather. They provide fantastic wear properties and an excellent sense of touch and feel. The naturally soft leather provides all-day working comfort.
Materials: Deerhide leather
Available sizes: S, M, L, XL
Comfort is important. Protection is mandatory. Bring both to the party with Pacifix Glasses from STIHL. They offer fuss-free protection while filtering out 99% of harmful UV rays. Their straight back rubber-coated temples reduce pressure and soft nose pads elevate frame for a precise fit. Their elliptical lenses are made from optical-grade polycarbonate and wrap around the eye, providing protection from debris.
Meets ANSI Z87+ Standard
Available lens colors: Smoke Mirror, Blue Mirror, Sun Mirror
Cut through your day with the protection and comfort of the STIHL Brush Shield Protector. Developed for users of clearing saws, trimmers and brushcutters, the shield offers face and hearing protection in a lightweight package. The epoxy-coated steel full-face screen helps protect you from flying debris while comfortable, adjustable hearing protectors help reduce loud tool and engine noise.
Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 25 dB(A)
NOTE: Goggles or protective glasses meeting ANSI Standard Z87.1 must by worn under face screen and shield for primary eye protection.