FS 560 C-EM
Professional grade, powerful clearing saw with Easy2Start™ system and STIHL M-Tronic™ feature.
The most powerful STIHL clearing saw in its class – the FS 560 C-EM cuts through wild growth, hedges and thickets with a rugged design ideal for heavy landscape and forest cutting. Powered by a low-emission engine that is 12% more fuel-efficient than the previous model, the STIHL FS 560 C-EM clearing saw features the STIHL M-Tronic™ engine management system, which provides optimum engine power at all times automatically adjusts to changes in elevation, temperature and air filter cleanliness. A large 33.5 oz. translucent fuel tank – 31% larger than the previous model – offers longer run times and less refueling.
This clearing saw also comes standard with the Easy2Start™ system, which requires minimal pulling force to start the engine. The 4-point anti-vibration system allows optimal control while reducing fatigue, and an easy-to-adjust, soft-grip bike handle swivels for easy transport and storage.
When the job calls for clearing the really tough brush, you need more than trimmer line – you need a brushcutter or clearing saw from STIHL. These machines are powerful and designed for forestry, municipal, or farm and ranch use. Their rugged designs don’t care what nature throws its way—they keep on cutting until the job is done. Here are some of the features you’ll find on every professional-grade brushcutter and clearing saw from STIHL:
- STIHL Easy2Start™ makes starting STIHL outdoor power tools almost effortless, eliminating the need for a strong pull of the starting cord. This advanced starting system is designed to make starting STIHL products fast and easy.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor measures air on clean side of air filter and adjusts metering diaphragm in carburetor. Maintains RPM levels even when filter begins to clog.
- Multi-Function Control Handle delivers easy access to ON/OFF and throttle controls on one comfortable handle. This makes it easy to use without the operator’s hand ever leaving the handle. Some models feature a momentary stop switch, ensuring the switch is “ON” the next time you start – helping to prevent engine flooding.
- Bike-Style Handle adjusts for comfort and allows the machine to be easily guided, enabling a smooth horizontal mowing action to cover large areas quickly and efficiently.
- Fuel-Efficient Engine runs longer on a tank of gasoline, reducing fuel costs.
- Reduced Vibration for less operator fatigue and a more comfortable working experience.
- Heavy-Duty Steel-on-Steel Centrifugal Clutch helps reduce slippage and provides durable, long-lasting wear.
- Multi-Position Adjustable Harness distributes the weight of the equipment for increased operator comfort and improved maneuverability.
- Easy-Access Air Filter allows for easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Easy-Access Starter Assembly for repairs in the field.
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running.
- Ergonomic Design reduces fatigue and enables comfortable operation.
- Smooth Edges will not snag on clothing or brush.
- High-Tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion resistant.
- Long-Life Engine Cylinders provide optimal cooling, lubrication and more power output per cubic centimeter of engine displacement for maximum wear life.
- 2-Ring Pistons improve engine efficiency and hold compression longer than 1-ring pistons. Also they transfer heat from the piston to cylinder better, helping engine stay cooler and last longer.
- Enclosed Throttle Cables eliminate dangling and loose wires.
- Protected Choke Lever/Knob helps prevent damage.
- Protected Spark Plug is protected yet easy to change.
- Protected Throttle Trigger helps prevent damage.
- Purge Pump Primer enables the user to prime the carburetor with fuel, providing easier starts.
- Spark Arrester Muffler has large baffles which reduce noise level and contains a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
- Throttle Trigger Interlock helps prevent accidental acceleration.
- Fully Lined Drive Shaft provides smooth operation and less vibration.
- Upright Fuel Tank with Retainer Cap for easy fueling.
Not sure if your project calls for a professional-grade brushcutter or clearing saw? Visit your servicing STIHL Dealer for knowledgeable assistance, in-person demonstrations and everything else you need to clear a path to a well-manicured landscape.
STIHL is the #1 selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment in America and the Number One selling brand of chain saws in the world*. Sold and serviced through our network of independent Dealers, STIHL power tools deliver versatility and dependability. STIHL tools are German engineered, and many are built right here in America and exported to over 90 countries around the world.* To find one of the over 8,000 STIHL Dealers near you, visit the Dealer Locator.
*A majority of STIHL products are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components. "Number one selling brand" is based on syndicated Irwin Broh Research as well as independent consumer research of 2009-2012 U.S. sales and market share data for the gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment category combined sales to consumers and commercial landscapers.
|FS 560 C-EM Specifications - Professional Use|
|DISPLACEMENT||57.1 cc (3.48 cu. in.)|
|ENGINE POWER||2.8 kW (3.75 bhp)|
|WEIGHT*||10.2 kg (22.5 lbs.)|
|FUEL CAPACITY||990 cc (33.5 oz.)|
|*Weight without cutting attachment or deflector.|
Note: STIHL recommends use of fuel with no more than 10% Ethanol content. Using fuel with greater than 10% Ethanol content may cause damage to your equipment and may void your STIHL warranty. Learn More…
WARNING! Improper use of any power tool may cause serious
or fatal injury. Read, understand and follow carefully the operating
and safety instructions in your instruction manual before using such products.
STIHL products sold through U.S. STIHL dealers are for distribution in the United States only.
Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature
The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
When used in conjunction with a harness, the bike handle allows the machine to be easily guided, enabling a smooth horizontal mowing action to cover large areas quickly and efficiently. With soft grips for increased comfort, the bike handle provides greater control and helps reduce operator fatigue.
See it in action!
The STIHL Easy2Start™ system makes starting STIHL outdoor power tools almost effortless, eliminating the need for a strong pull of the starting cord. This advanced starting system is designed to make starting STIHL products easier. The specific system may vary by model, but in each case, a quick pull overcomes the engine’s compression to minimize the strength and effort required to start. Available on selected products.
See it in action!
Electronic Ignition Module
The electronic ignition provides reliable starting and because it is fully enclosed, it is protected from moisture and debris for longer service life.
STIHL M-Tronic™ System
The STIHL M-Tronic™ system intelligently manages the operating performance of the engine. Equipment performance can be affected by a dirty air filter, changes in elevation or poor fuel quality. The STIHL M-Tronic™ system compensates for these factors by eliminating the low and high-speed carburetor adjustment screws and electronically monitoring the engine and digitally controlling the fuel/air mixture. This new technology also provides a simplified warm start procedure.
Multi-Function Control Handle
Having easy access to all of the controls on one comfortable handle makes it easy to complete tasks so the operator’s hand never has to leave the handle.
IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor
The IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor measures the air pressure on the clean side of the air filter and adjusts the metering diaphragm in the carburetor. This keeps the RPM at a consistent level, even when the air filter begins to clog.
Purge Pump Primer
By pressing the bulb, this small fuel pump delivers fuel to the carburetor, reducing the number of starting pulls needed after an extended break between uses.
The ElastoStart™ starter handle is a feature of STIHL. It is a starting grip with a built-in shock absorber that helps reduce the effort when pulling on the starter cord. The ElastoStart™ starter grip noticeably reduces the sudden peak forces (compression) normally felt during cranking. The forces which occur at the grip after the first compression stroke are smoothed out.
STIHL has a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
Common Features for Trimmers
View the features common to many STIHL trimmers.