FS 240 R
A loop handle trimmer built to handle tough cutting locations.
The STIHL FS 240 R professional trimmer combines a heavy-duty design with the versatility needed to handle a variety of challenging clearing situations. Providing 20% more fuel efficiency, the low-exhaust-emission engine, combined with the large (25.4 oz.) fuel tank, means you’ll spend more time cutting and less time refueling. The FS 240 R is an ideal addition to any professional crew charged with cutting around ponds, along canals, in roadside ditches, and through heavy thickets.
Professionals demand more from their grass trimmers – more power, more comfort and more dependability. That’s why STIHL professional trimmers are in such high demand – they deliver on performance. With more power, greater comfort features and durability, STIHL professional trimmers are made for daily use. Here are some of the features you’ll find on every gasoline-powered STIHL professional grass trimmer:
- Multi-Function Control Handle delivers easy access to ON/OFF and throttle controls on one comfortable handle. This makes it easy to use without the operator’s hand ever leaving the handle. Some models feature a momentary stop switch, ensuring the switch is “ON” the next time you start – helping to prevent engine flooding.
- Adjustable Front Handle can be positioned for optimal comfort.
- Adjustable Harness adds comfort and stability during use.
- Easy-Access Air Filter allows for easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Easy-Access Starter Assembly for infield repairs.
- Heavy-Duty Steel-on-Steel Clutch helps reduce slippage and provides durable, long-lasting wear.
- Easy-View Deflector provides easy-to-see cutting and is also designed to protect user against flying debris.
- Long-Life Engine Cylinders provide optimal cooling, lubrication and more power output per cubic centimeter of engine displacement for maximum wear life.
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running.
- Ergonomic Design reduces fatigue and enables comfortable operation.
- Smooth Edges will not snag on clothing or brush.
- High-Tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion resistant.
- 2-Ring Pistons improve engine efficiency and hold compression longer than 1-ring pistons. Also they transfer heat from the piston to cylinder better, helping engine stay cooler and last longer.
- Enclosed Throttle Cables eliminate dangling and loose wires.
- Protected Choke Lever/Knob helps prevent damage.
- Protected Spark Plug is protected yet easy to change.
- Protected Throttle Trigger helps prevent damage.
- Purge Pump Primer enables the user to prime the carburetor with fuel, providing easier starts.
- Spark Arrester Muffler has large baffles which reduce noise level and contains a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
- Throttle Trigger Interlock helps prevent accidental acceleration.
- Fully Lined Drive Shaft provides smooth operation and less vibration.
- Upright Fuel Tank with Retainer Cap for easy fueling.
You’ll find these powerful, professional STIHL trimmers only at servicing STIHL Dealers. See your Dealer to learn more about these quality tools and demo them before you buy. STIHL is a great investment for your landscaping business, delivering quality and improved long-term productivity.
STIHL is the #1 selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment in America*. Sold and serviced through our network of servicing Dealers, STIHL power tools deliver versatility and dependability. STIHL tools are German engineered, and many are built right here in America and exported to over 90 countries around the world.* To find one of the over 8,000 STIHL Dealers near you, visit the Dealer Locator.
*A majority of STIHL powerheads are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components. "Number one selling brand" is based on syndicated Irwin Broh Research as well as independent consumer research of 2009-2013 U.S. sales and market share data for the gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment category combined sales to consumers and commercial landscapers ©2014 STIHL.
|FS 240 R Specifications - Professional Use|
|DISPLACEMENT||37.7 cc (2.3 cu. in.)|
|ENGINE POWER||1.7 kW (2.3 bhp)|
|WEIGHT*||6.6 kg (14.6 lbs)|
|FUEL CAPACITY||750 cc (25.4 oz)|
|* Weight without cutting attachment or deflector.|
WARNING! Improper use of any power tool may cause serious
or fatal injury. Read, understand and follow carefully the operating
and safety instructions in your instruction manual before using such products.
STIHL products sold through U.S. STIHL dealers are for distribution in the United States only.
Built in the USA
Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature
The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
Common Features for Trimmers
View the features common to many STIHL trimmers.
Upright Translucent Fuel Tank
Allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work. Upright position makes it easier to refill.
IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor
The IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor measures the air pressure on the clean side of the air filter and adjusts the metering diaphragm in the carburetor. This keeps the RPM at a consistent level, even when the air filter begins to clog.
You Will Also Need
No matter how you slice it (or trim it or shred it), there’s no better protection for your high performance 2-stroke engine than STIHL HP Ultra. This 2-cycle engine oil has outstanding engine cleaning characteristics, plus “ultra” lubricating qualities that’s superior to other 2-cycle engine oils. This fully synthetic oil is also highly biodegradable, degrading by 80% in 21 days. We’re so confident this oil will protect your engine, we’ll double your STIHL limited warranty* when you use it. It’s that good.
*Double your warranty when you include STIHL HP Ultra Oil (six 2.6-oz. bottles) or STIHL MotoMix® premixed fuel (six 32-oz. cans or a 1-gal. container) with your STIHL product purchase. Double limited warranty protection applies to STIHL gasoline-powered products purchased and registered for personal non-income producing, family and household purposes only. Other restrictions apply. See dealer for details.
No-Spill® fuel containers advance convenience and quality in gasoline-can design by reducing emissions of hydrocarbons from evaporation, permeation and spillage. This helps protect the environment as well as saves you on fuel costs due to waste. Each container is molded from fluorinated, high molecular weight material for low permeation. The thumb-button flow control allows filling even smaller-sized tanks reducing the risk of spilling and is designed to stop the flow automatically when the tank becomes full to prevent overflowing. Built on a wide and stable base for less likelihood of upsets and equipped with child-resistant closures, all No-Spill® containers comply with both EPA and CARB requirements. With 1¼-gallon, 2 ½-gallon and 5-gallon sizes available, you’re sure to find one that fits your needs.
Heavy-duty work calls for a heavy-duty line, and the STIHL commercial line meets the demands of the job and is specially formulated to prevent fraying and welding. It delivers fast, efficient cuts time after time.
Available in a variety of sizes and configurations. See Dealer for details.
For Your Safety
For landscapers who work extensively with their hands, the Landscaper Series Gloves from STIHL are made from strong-yet-supple deerhide leather. They provide fantastic wear properties and an excellent sense of touch and feel. The naturally soft leather provides all-day working comfort.
Materials: Deerhide leather
Available sizes: S, M, L, XL
When it has the STIHL name, it’s made to work as hard as you do. Our Hearing Protectors feature a padded stainless steel spring wire headband. They help maintain constant pressure, staying firmly in place while you work. They’re also easy to adjust, so you can set the ideal fit with minimal effort.
Meets ANSI S3.19-1974 standard. Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 23 dB(A).
Available color: Grey
The Reflective Safety Vest from STIHL meets the standard for use along highways and other high-traffic areas. It features a longer tail in back for maximum reflective exposure – great for workers using backpack blowers. Two front pockets and one chest pocket provide great utility for carrying job necessities.
Meets ANSI/ISEA 107-2004 standard
Available color: High-Visibility Yellow
Available sizes: M, L, XL, XXL
Protection and comfort is no sweat with the White Ice Protective Glasses from STIHL. They feature rubber temples that prevent slippage, a comfort-fit style that accommodates almost all face sizes and polycarbonate lenses that block out 99% of harmful UV rays. It’s stylish, hassle-free protection for the workplace or at home.
Meets ANSI Z87.1 Standard
Available lens colors: Silver Mirror, Blue Mirror, Orange Mirror
How to Wind a STIHL Trimmer Head - Video
How to Start a STIHL Trimmer - Video
Product Instruction Manual (PDF)
Cutting Heads & Blades Selection Chart (PDF)
Download Instructions on How to Rewind Your Trimmer Head (PDF)
STIHL Limited Warranty