HL 100 (135º)
Our longest extended reach low-emission hedge trimmer featuring adjustable cutting blades.
Made for high hedges and high volume, the STIHL HL 100 (135º) extended reach hedge trimmer is our longest model. With a shaft length of nearly 60”, this professional hedge trimmer isn’t messing around—it can reach almost any sized hedge and trim it down to size. Its adjustable cutting head features 13 locking positions for a working range of 135º, so you can reach those hard-to-reach areas with ease. And thanks to its fuel-efficient, low-emission engine, you can trim hedges all day with less refueling. There’s plenty of power to go around.
STIHL hedge trimmers and extended-reach hedge trimmers for professionals are made with premium components to ensure consistent performance, long product life and greater versatility. Get better acquainted with our professional series gasoline-powered hedge trimmers by reviewing this list of common trimmer features:
Professional Hedge Trimmers have the following features in common:
- Multi-Function Control Handle delivers easy access to ON/OFF and throttle controls on one comfortable handle. This makes it easy to use without the operator’s hand ever leaving the handle.
- Anti-Vibration System minimizes the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- Built-in Hanger in Rear Handle allows for easy storage.
- Easy-Access Air Filter allows for easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Hardened and Precision-Ground Cutting Blades provide durability and long wear.
- Large Front Handle for multi-position cutting.
- Starting Throttle Lock keeps the throttle partially open during starting.
- Upright Fuel Tank with Retainer Cap for easy fueling.
In addition to the features listed above, Professional Extended-Reach Hedge Trimmers also have the following:
- Patented Low Emission, Fuel-Efficient Engine reduces exhaust emissions while saving on fuel costs.
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running.
- Adjustable Front Handle can be positioned for optimal comfort.
- Reduced Vibration for enhanced user comfort.
- Smooth Edges will not snag on clothing or brush.
- Throttle Trigger Interlock helps prevent accidental acceleration. It must be depressed before the throttle trigger can be activated (gasoline-powered engines).
- Double-Sided Reciprocating Blades for faster trimming.
- Easy-Access Air Filter allows for easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Easy-Access Carburetor Adjustment allows for quick and easy maintenance and/or replacement.
- 2-Ring Pistons improve engine efficiency and hold compression longer than 1-ring pistons. Also they transfer heat from the piston to cylinder better, helping engine stay cooler and last longer.
- Heavy-Duty Steel on Steel Clutch provides durable, long-lasting wear.
- High-tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion resistant.
- Interchangeable Gearbox allows hedge trimmer to be converted to a grass trimmer, edger and more with optional gearbox attachments.
- Long-Life Engine Cylinders provide optimal cooling, lubrication and more power output per cubic centimeter of engine displacement for maximum wear life.
- Enclosed Throttle Cables eliminate dangling and loose wires.
- Protected Spark Plug is protected yet easy to change.
- Protected Throttle Trigger helps prevent damage.
- Purge Pump Primer enables the user to prime the carburetor with fuel, providing easier starts.
- Fully Lined Drive Shaft provides smooth operation and less vibration.
Visit your local STIHL Dealer to see these hedge trimmer features in person. Your STIHL Dealer will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. Together, we’ll help you find the hedge trimmer that best suits your needs.
STIHL is the #1 selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment in America and the Number One selling brand of chainsaws in the world*. Sold and serviced through our network of independent Dealers, STIHL power tools deliver versatility and dependability. STIHL tools are German engineered, and many are built right here in America and exported to over 90 countries around the world.* To find one of the over 8,000 STIHL Dealers near you, visit the Dealer Locator.
*A majority of STIHL powerheads are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components. "Number one selling brand" is based on syndicated Irwin Broh Research as well as independent consumer research of 2009-2013 U.S. sales and market share data for the gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment category combined sales to consumers and commercial landscapers ©2014 STIHL.
|HL 100 (135º) Specifications - Professional Use|
|DISPLACEMENT||31.4 cc (1.9 cu. in.)|
|ENGINE POWER||1.05 kW (1.4 bhp)|
|WEIGHT||6.9 kg (15.3 lbs.)|
|BLADE LENGTH||500 mm (20 in.)|
|SHAFT LENGTH||1500 mm (59 in.)|
|FUEL CAPACITY||530 cc (18.0 oz.)|
Note: STIHL engine products with the Caring for Nature logo are cleaner than EPA Standards for exhaust emissions.
Note: STIHL recommends use of fuel with no more than 10% Ethanol content. Using fuel with greater than 10% Ethanol content may cause damage to your equipment and may void your STIHL warranty. Learn More…
WARNING! Improper use of any power tool may cause serious
or fatal injury. Read, understand and follow carefully the operating
and safety instructions in your instruction manual before using such products.
STIHL products sold through U.S. STIHL dealers are for distribution in the United States only.
Built in the USA
Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature
The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
The loop handle (R) is an adjustable rounded handle mounted on a shaft for support and control. The handle is designed to help control the machine in different positions, ideal for reaching tough spots. The handle is large enough to accommodate a gloved hand comfortably.
STIHL has a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides for a more comfortable working experience.
Multi-Function Control Handle
Having easy access to all of the controls on one comfortable handle helps makes it easier to complete tasks so the operator’s hand never has to leave the handle.
Common Features for Hedge Trimmers
View the features common to many STIHL hedge trimmers.
You Will Also Need
No matter how you slice it (or trim it or shred it), there’s no better protection for your high performance 2-stroke engine than STIHL HP Ultra. This 2-cycle engine oil has outstanding engine cleaning characteristics, plus “ultra” lubricating qualities that’s superior to other 2-cycle engine oils. This fully synthetic oil is also highly biodegradable, degrading by 80% in 21 days. We’re so confident this oil will protect your engine, we’ll double your STIHL limited warranty* when you use it. It’s that good.
*Double your warranty when you include STIHL HP Ultra Oil (six 2.6-oz. bottles) or STIHL MotoMix® premixed fuel (six 32-oz. cans or a 1-gal. container) with your STIHL product purchase. Double limited warranty protection applies to STIHL gasoline-powered products purchased and registered for personal non-income producing, family and household purposes only. Other restrictions apply. See dealer for details.
No-Spill® fuel containers advance convenience and quality in gasoline-can design by reducing emissions of hydrocarbons from evaporation, permeation and spillage. This helps protect the environment as well as saves you on fuel costs due to waste. Each container is molded from fluorinated, high molecular weight material for low permeation. The thumb-button flow control allows filling even smaller-sized tanks reducing the risk of spilling and is designed to stop the flow automatically when the tank becomes full to prevent overflowing. Built on a wide and stable base for less likelihood of upsets and equipped with child-resistant closures, all No-Spill® containers comply with both EPA and CARB requirements. With 1¼-gallon, 2 ½-gallon and 5-gallon sizes available, you’re sure to find one that fits your needs.
For Your Safety
Sleek and smart, STIHL GSX Glasses are an ideal combination of style and protection. Adjustable temples allow a customized fit while a soft nose pad offers comfort that lasts all day. These polycarbonate glasses feature impact-resistant lenses and filter out 99% of harmful UV rays.
Meets ANSI Z87+ Standard
Available lens colors: Smoke Mirror, Blue Mirror
Cut through your day with the protection and comfort of the STIHL Brush Shield Protector. Developed for users of clearing saws, trimmers and brushcutters, the shield offers face and hearing protection in a lightweight package. The epoxy-coated steel full-face screen helps protect you from flying debris while comfortable, adjustable hearing protectors help reduce loud tool and engine noise.
Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 25 dB(A)
NOTE: Goggles or protective glasses meeting ANSI Standard Z87.1 must by worn under face screen and shield for primary eye protection.
These STIHL Work Gloves are ready to go to work for you. Made of premium goat skin leather at the palms and fingertips, they provide durability and softness for a comfortable fit. The high-visibility orange back of the gloves feature breathable knit material for improved airflow. And the knit wrist is elongated for a secure fit under a sleeve, keeping out dirt and other debris.
Materials: Goat skin leather with knit backing
Available sizes: One size fits most