Heavy-duty electric chainsaw for professional users.
Professional. Electric. And it’s a STIHL. With significantly higher cutting speed than the MSE 180 C-BQ, this heavy-duty electric saw has power to spare. This chainsaw features a slip clutch to protect the motor if the chain should stall, a thermal overload cut-off switch to help prevent overheating, and an automatic shutoff when brushes become worn. If you’re looking for an electric chainsaw sturdy enough for professional use – you found it.
STIHL professional chainsaws are made to deliver the power you need when cutting wood is not just a hobby, but a way of life. With high power-to-weight ratios and heavy-duty components, a gasoline-powered STIHL professional saw will keep you cutting day in and day out with these features:
- High-tech Magnesium Housing provides long-lasting wear.
- An Adjustable Bar and Chain Oiler allows the operator to adjust the oil flow for long bars or dirty cutting conditions in max position. It also saves oil when using short bars in clean conditions.
- An IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor automatically adjusts the air/fuel ratio to maintain optimal performance during changing environmental conditions.
- The Extra Slim Profile is ideal for overall comfort and ease of use.
- Its Side-access Chain Tensioner allows for easy tensioning of the saw chain.
- The Master Control Lever™ is a single lever that allows the user to operate the choke, starting throttle lock and on-off switch all from one convenient location.
- STIHL manufactures its own saw chain for optimal performance and compatibility with your STIHL chainsaw. Swiss-made STIHL OILOMATIC® Saw Chain is pre-stretched before it leaves the factory, which helps eliminate excessive stretching during the break-in period, reducing maintenance time and component wear.
- The Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running.
- An Anti-vibration System helps reduce operator fatigue and improves comfort.
- Our Ematic™ Bar Lubrication System delivers proper lubrication while reducing oil usage by up to 50%.
- Designed to stop the chain in fractions of a second, the STIHL Quickstop® Chain Brake System can be activated manually or by inertia if the kickback force is sufficient.
- The Translucent Fuel Tank allows the operator to easily check the fuel level before starting work while the Balanced Fuel and Oil Tank Capacities allow for efficient refills.
- The Front Handle is designed for a secure grip and is ergonomically angled for comfort.
- Front and Rear Hand Guards help reduce the risk of injury.
- Bumper Spikes help prevent pull-in and provide better control, making cutting easier.
- An All-position Carburetor allows the engine to run at full power in any approved operational position.
- A Combination Wrench/Screwdriver is supplied, providing easy and convenient adjustments to the saw.
- The Chain Catcher helps reduce the risk of operator contact by a chain if it should break or derail.
- Features like Heavy-duty Centrifugal Clutches, High-pressure Alloy Die Castings and STIHL-designed cylinders help provide durable, long-lasting wear.
- The Easy-to-Access Air Filters and Protected Spark Plugs provide easy chainsaw maintenance.
- The Spark Arrester Muffler is designed to reduce noise levels and the emission of sparks.
- The Smooth Clean Design has no rough edges to snag on clothing or brush.
STIHL is the #1 selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment in America*. Sold and serviced through our network of independent Dealers, STIHL power tools deliver versatility and dependability. STIHL tools are German engineered, and many are built right here in America and exported to over 90 countries around the world.* To find one of the over 8,000 STIHL Dealers near you, visit the Dealer Locator.
*A majority of STIHL powerheads are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components. "Number one selling brand" is based on syndicated Irwin Broh Research as well as independent consumer research of 2009-2013 U.S. sales and market share data for the gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment category combined sales to consumers and commercial landscapers ©2014 STIHL.
|MSE 220 Specifications - Professional Use|
|ENGINE POWER||1.7 kW (15.0 amps)|
|POWERHEAD WEIGHT||5.2 kg (11.5 lbs.)|
|GUIDE BAR LENGTHS* (Recommended ranges)||40, 45 and 50 cm (16", 18" and 20")|
|CHAIN OIL CAPACITY||200 cc (6.8 oz.)|
|OILOMATIC® CHAIN||3/8" RS3|
|VOLTAGE||120 volt (60 Hz)|
|STIHL recommends #3624 (33 RS3 60) OILOMATIC® saw chain and 16" 3003 008 8913 STIHL ROLLOMATIC® E guide bar combination. The actual listed guide bar length can vary from the effective cutting length depending upon which powerhead it is installed.|
WARNING! The occurrence called “kickback” can cause serious
or fatal injury. Always read the instruction manual carefully before
using your saw. STIHL uses a green and yellow color-coding
system to help you select a powerhead, bar and chain combination
that complies with the kickback requirements of ANSI
Standard B175.1 (gasoline-powered saws) and §30 of UL 1662/
ANSI Standard B175.1 (electric chain saws). Ask your STIHL
dealer about safe operating procedures and the advantages of
the STIHL Quickstop® chain brake, STIHL Quickstop® Plus additional chain braking feature (Q), STIHL reduced kickback bars and STIHL low-kickback
STIHL recommends the use of green reduced kickback bars and green low kickback chains on all STIHL chain saws.
WARNING FOR ELECTRIC CHAIN SAW USERS!
The fibers will not stop the sprocket on most electric chain saws because of their constant high torque.
* The actual listed guide bar length can vary from the effective cutting length depending upon which power head it is installed.
WARNING! Improper use of any power tool may cause serious
or fatal injury. Read, understand and follow carefully the operating
and safety instructions in your instruction manual before using such products.
STIHL products sold through U.S. STIHL dealers are for distribution in the United States only.
Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature
The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
Side-Access Chain Tensioner
The side-access chain tensioner makes it much more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
Ematic™ Lubrication System
The Ematic™ guide bar when used with STIHL OILOMATIC® saw chain will provide proper lubrication and less oil consumption than conventional methods. The system works because two ramps, strategically placed in the guide bar rail, help contain the flow of oil and direct all lubrication to the sliding faces of the bar and chain links as well as the rivets and driver holes, which in turn can reduce bar oil consumption up to 50%.
STIHL Electric Motor
Lightweight and compact, STIHL electric motors require minimal maintenance and feature low noise levels and reduced vibration.
You Will Also Need
Don’t let friction cut down your chainsaw’s performance. STIHL bar and chain oil is specially formulated to adhere to your chainsaw’s bar and chain, providing optimal lubrication. Special oils help prevent sap and pitch from clinging, prolonging cutting performance and the lifespan of your chain parts. Ideal for use in moderate temperatures, STIHL bar and chain oil provides quality protection for your chainsaw – bar none.
Just like our chainsaws, our case can handle multiple tasks. Use it to carry and transport your chainsaw to and from the work site. It is also ideal for storage when your workday is done. It’s unique, removable bar scabbard has built-in tool holders to carry tools to the cutting site. Fits MS 170 to MS 460 with 20” bar. (Excludes MS 441 and wrap-handle saws.) Replacement parts available.
Includes file guide, depth gauge, round file, flat file and two file handles in tool pouch. Kits available for the following chain types: STIHL PICCO™ Mini; 1/4" pitch chain; .325" pitch chain; 3/8" pitch chain; .404" pitch chain.
For Your Safety
For heavyweight protection that won’t weigh you down, choose Pro Mark™ Apron Chaps from STIHL. They’re rugged, yet comfortable to wear and easily fit over your work clothes. Sewn into the legs of the chaps are nine layers of Avertic™ Pro by Engtex®, a cut-retardant material designed to reduce the risk or severity of injury to the body parts covered by the pads in the event of contact with the rotating saw chain of a gasoline-powered chainsaw. The open-back design of these chaps makes them a great choice for hot working conditions. These Pro Mark™ apron chaps provide three additional layers of Avertic™ Pro by Engtex® cut retardant material than our standard apron chaps. STIHL chainsaw protective apparel is also wash and wear, unlike some other brands that require dry cleaning or light surface cleaning.
The STIHL Pro Mark™ designation identifies products for professional users.
Available color: High Visibility Orange
Available lengths: 32", 36", 40"
See it in action!
Get a grip on your next outdoor project with Great Grip Gloves from STIHL. These gloves provide an enhanced grip with a micro polymer grip pattern. Its stitched fabric construction and elastic cuff provide a great fit that is comfortable to wear all day long. These gloves are a terrific value, delivering great performance at a great price.
Materials: Stitched fabric, synthetic micro polymer grip and elastic cuff
Available sizes: M, L, XL
The woods can hold many dangers. Stay one step ahead with the Forestry Helmet System from STIHL. The protection starts with a hard shell of ABS thermoplastic. It gets even better with a six-point, ratchet-style suspension system that absorbs shock and keeps the helmet stable while you work.
The system also features a Cool Guard sweatband to keep perspiration out of your eyes, as well as a built-in rain gutter to direct rain away from your face during inclement weather. Adjustable hearing protectors comfortably reduce noise while an epoxy-coated steel full-face screen helps protect from flying debris.
Hard hat meets ANSI Z89.1-2003 Type 1 Class G. Hearing protectors meet ANSI S3.19-1974 and have a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 24 dB(A).
Stay cool. Look cooler. The Black Wrap Protective Glasses from STIHL feature a ventilated nosepiece designed for better heat dissipation and less lens fogging. The polycarbonate lenses block out 99% of the sun’s harmful UV rays and are available in multiple color options. The black-wrap half frame includes rubber pads to prevent slippage while delivering sleek style.
Meets ANSI Z87.1 Standard
Available lens colors: Silver Mirror, Gold Mirror, Smoke