A professional-grade backpack blower with excellent fuel economy and enhanced comfort.
When the job runs long, the STIHL BR 430 is right there with you. It has the features you need to get the job done with fewer refuels and less fatigue. Its pro-sized 57.5 oz. fuel tank goes even farther thanks to a fuel-efficient engine that produces cleaner emissions when compared to standard 2-stroke engines. In addition to its anti-vibration system and ElastoStart™ handle, the blower also features back padding, broad shoulder straps and soft rubber grip for enhanced comfort and support.
- Protected Spark Plug is protected yet easy to change.
- Purge Pump Primer lets you prime the carburetor without flooding it.
- Air Filter Cover is easy to remove without tools for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- High-Tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion-resistant.
- Helper Handle for added air direction control and vacuum use.
- Upright Translucent Fuel Tank allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work. Upright for easy filling.
- Long-Life Cylinders give maximum wear life, better cleaning, and more power output per cubic centimeter of engine displacement.
- Superior Balance and Design help reduce fatigue and make handling easy.
- Smooth, Clean Design has no rough edges to snag on clothing or brush.
- 2-Ring Pistons improve engine efficiency and hold compression longer than 1-ring pistons. Also they transfer heat from the piston to cylinder better, helping engine stay cooler and last longer.
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting, smoother running and no periodic maintenance.
- Adjustable Tube lets the operator choose the length that is right for them.
- Protected Throttle Trigger helps prevent damage.
(Professional Blowers - Backpack Only)
- Anti-Vibration System minimizes the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- Multi-Function Control Handle delivers easy access to all of the controls on one comfortable handle. This makes it easy to complete tasks without the operator’s hand ever leaving the handle.
- Adjustable Support Harness distributes weight evenly across the shoulders and back, reducing user fatigue.
- Foot Pad for stability when starting.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor measures air on clean side of air filter and adjusts metering diaphragm in carburetor. Maintains RPM levels even when filter begins to clog.
- Heavy-Duty Pleated Air Filter
- Heavy-Duty Crankshaft for durability.
- Back Pad for enhanced comfort during extended use.
- Swivel Air Tube Elbow for directional control of air.
STIHL is the #1 selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment in America and the Number One selling brand of chainsaws in the world*. Sold and serviced through our network of independent Dealers, STIHL power tools deliver versatility and dependability. STIHL tools are German engineered, and many are built right here in America and exported to over 90 countries around the world.* To find one of the over 8,000 STIHL Dealers near you, visit the Dealer Locator.
|BR 430 Specifications - Professional Use|
|AIR VELOCITY||82 m/sec. (183 mph)|
|AIR VOLUME||With tube: 850 m3/h (500 cfm)
Without tube: 1300 m3/h (765 cfm)
|WEIGHT||10.1 kg (22.3 lbs.)|
|FUEL CAPACITY||1700 cc (57.5 oz.)|
|ENGINE POWER||2.9 kW (3.9 bhp)|
|DISPLACEMENT||63.3 cc (3.86 cu. in.)|
|SOUND PRESSURE RATING||76 dB(A)
Measured per ANSI B 175.2
Note: STIHL recommends use of fuel with no more than 10% Ethanol content. Using fuel with greater than 10% Ethanol content may cause damage to your equipment and may void your STIHL warranty. Learn More…
WARNING! Improper use of any power tool may cause serious
or fatal injury. Read, understand and follow carefully the operating
and safety instructions in your instruction manual before using such products.
STIHL products sold through U.S. STIHL dealers are for distribution in the United States only.
Built in the USA
Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
Multi-Function Control Handle
Having easy access to all of the controls on one comfortable handle makes it easy to complete tasks so the operator’s hand never has to leave the handle.
STIHL has a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
The ElastoStart™ starter handle is an exclusive feature of STIHL. It is a starting grip with a built-in shock absorber that helps reduce the effort when pulling on the starter cord. The ElastoStart™ starter grip noticeably reduces the sudden peak forces (compression) normally felt during cranking. The forces which occur at the grip after the first compression stroke are smoothed out.
Common Features for Backpack Blowers
View the features common to many STIHL backpack blowers.
You Will Also Need
No matter how you slice it (or trim it or shred it), there’s no better protection for your high performance 2-stroke engine than STIHL HP Ultra. This 2-cycle engine oil has outstanding engine cleaning characteristics, plus “ultra” lubricating qualities that’s superior to other 2-cycle engine oils. This fully synthetic oil is also highly biodegradable, degrading by 80% in 21 days. We’re so confident this oil will protect your engine, we’ll double your STIHL limited warranty* when you use it. It’s that good.
*Double your warranty when you include STIHL HP Ultra Oil (six 2.6-oz. bottles) or STIHL MotoMix® premixed fuel (six 32-oz. cans or a 1-gal. container) with your STIHL product purchase. Double limited warranty protection applies to STIHL gasoline-powered products purchased and registered for personal non-income producing, family and household purposes only. Other restrictions apply. See dealer for details.
The Reflective Safety Vest from STIHL meets the standard for use along highways and other high-traffic areas. It features a longer tail in back for maximum reflective exposure – great for workers using backpack blowers. Two front pockets and one chest pocket provide great utility for carrying job necessities.
Meets ANSI/ISEA 107-2004 standard
Available color: High-Visibility Yellow
Available sizes: M, L, XL, XXL
No-Spill® fuel containers advance convenience and quality in gasoline-can design by reducing emissions of hydrocarbons from evaporation, permeation and spillage. This helps protect the environment as well as saves you on fuel costs due to waste. Each container is molded from fluorinated, high molecular weight material for low permeation. The thumb-button flow control allows filling even smaller-sized tanks reducing the risk of spilling and is designed to stop the flow automatically when the tank becomes full to prevent overflowing. Built on a wide and stable base for less likelihood of upsets and equipped with child-resistant closures, all No-Spill® containers comply with both EPA and CARB requirements. With 1¼-gallon, 2 ½-gallon and 5-gallon sizes available, you’re sure to find one that fits your needs.
For Your Safety
STIHL Black Widow Glasses offer an ideal combination of protection and style. These protective glasses have a lightweight, wrap-around design that blocks out 99% of harmful UV rays. Their soft-touch temple inserts provide additional comfort and are designed to help reduce slippage. The lenses are made from optical-grade polycarbonate and are available in multiple shade color options.
Meets ANSI Z87+ Standard
Available lens colors: Indoor/Outdoor Mirror, Smoke Mirror
When professional competitors take on other leaders in the field, they use STIHL® TIMBERSPORTS® Series Gloves. Made from premium goat skin leather, these gloves provide exceptional comfort. Their sport-styled design enhances work control while an adjustable wrist closure provides a secure fit.
Materials: Premium goat skin leather palms and fingers, stitched fabric backing and elastic cuff
Available sizes: M, L, XL
Heavy machinery doesn’t have anything interesting to say – block out that noise with our most noise-reducing hearing protection. These top-quality Hearing Protectors feature padded stainless steel spring-wire headbands maintain constant pressure. So no sliding around and letting in unwanted sound waves. They’re also easy to adjust. Set a comfortable fit and get to work in peace.
Meets ANSI S3.19-1974 standard. Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 29 dB(A).
Available color: Orange