A powerful, quiet, easy-to-use handheld blower.
Easy. Quiet. Done. The STIHL BGE 61 handheld blower is part of a generation of lightweight, powerful electric leaf blowers. Its compact design produces low noise and zero emissions, making it ideal for use around the house without disturbing the neighbors. And there’s a built-in cord retainer to help keep you connected.
Homeowner Handheld Blowers have the following features in common:
- Adjustable Nozzle is great for stairs and operators of different heights.
- Protected Spark Plug is protected yet easy to change.
- Purge Pump Primer enables the user to prime the carburetor with fuel, providing easier starts.
- Air Filter Cover is easy to remove without tools for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- High-Tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion-resistant.
- Helper Handle for added air direction control and vacuum use.
- Upright Translucent Fuel Tank allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work. Upright for easy filling.
- Long-Life Cylinders give maximum wear life, better cleaning and more power output per cubic centimeter of engine displacement.
- Superior Balance and Design help reduce fatigue and make handling easy.
- Smooth, Clean Design has no rough edges to snag on clothing or brush.
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting, smoother running and no periodic maintenance.
In addition to the quality components and features listed above, Homeowner Backpack Blowers also have the following:
- Anti-Vibration System minimizes the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- Multi-Function Control Handle delivers easy access to all of the controls on one comfortable handle. This makes it easy to complete tasks without the operator’s hand ever leaving the handle.
- Adjustable Support Harness distributes weight evenly across the shoulders and back, reducing user fatigue.
- Foot Pad for stability when starting.
- Back Pad for enhanced comfort during extended use.
- Swivel Air Tube Elbow for directional control of air.
STIHL is the #1 selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment in America and the Number One selling brand of chain saws in the world*. Sold and serviced through our network of independent Dealers, STIHL power tools deliver versatility and dependability. STIHL tools are German engineered, and many are built right here in America and exported to over 90 countries around the world.* To find one of the over 8,000 STIHL Dealers near you, visit the Dealer Locator.
*A majority of STIHL products are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components. "Number one selling brand" is based on syndicated Irwin Broh Research as well as independent consumer research of 2009-2013 U.S. sales and market share data for the gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment category combined sales to consumers and commercial landscapers ©2014 STIHL.
|BGE 61 Specifications - Occasional Use|
|WEIGHT||3.1 kg (6.8 lbs.)|
|ENGINE POWER||1.1 kW (9.2 amps)|
|AIR VELOCITY AT NOZZLE||66 m/sec. (148 mph)|
|AIR VOLUME AT NOZZLE||510 m3/h (300 cfm)|
|SOUND PRESSURE RATING||64 dB(A)
Measured per ANSI B 175.2
|VOLTAGE||120 V, 60 hz|
Note: STIHL engine products with the Caring for Nature logo are cleaner than EPA Standards for exhaust emissions.
WARNING! Improper use of any power tool may cause serious
or fatal injury. Read, understand and follow carefully the operating
and safety instructions in your instruction manual before using such products.
STIHL products sold through U.S. STIHL dealers are for distribution in the United States only.
Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature
The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
Built-in Cable Strain Relief
The built-in cable strain relief helps prevent the power cord from becoming accidentally disconnected.
With the multi-function handle, all of the blower’s controls can be adjusted with one hand, allowing simple and reliable operation for both right and left-handed users. In addition, the handle’s control lever allows the user to easily adjust the engine speed.
You Will Also Need
Clogged gutters may become a thing of the past with this quick and manageable gutter attachment. A series of plastic tubes attach to your STIHL handheld blower and can extend to more than ten feet, providing the additional extension needed to reach most residential gutters. Great for removing dry leaves and debris. For use with BG 55, BG 56 C-E, BG 66 L, BG 86, BG 86 C-E and BGE 61 models. Does not fit BGA 85. See your STIHL Dealer for details.
For Your Safety
When you require more protection than traditional landscaping gloves, turn to Proscaper Series Gloves from STIHL. These gloves feature premium boarskin for terrific softness and padded palms for abrasion resistance. A woven elastic back flexes to allow total freedom of movement. An adjustable, wrist strap closure provides personalized comfort and a secure fit.
Available materials: Boarskin
Available sizes: M, L, XL
Heavy machinery doesn’t have anything interesting to say – block out that noise with our most noise-reducing hearing protection. These top-quality Hearing Protectors feature padded stainless steel spring-wire headbands maintain constant pressure. So no sliding around and letting in unwanted sound waves. They’re also easy to adjust. Set a comfortable fit and get to work in peace.
Meets ANSI S3.19-1974 standard. Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 29 dB(A).
Available color: Orange