The fuel-efficient, low-emission engine, adjustable depth wheel, durable construction and comfortable, ergonomic design are all meticulously crafted to help you feel like a pro, even when you’re just tinkering around your own yard. Because with a STIHL edger in your hands, you don’t have to be a professional landscaper to look like one.
Here are a few common features you'll find in every STIHL edger for homeowners:
- STIHL Easy2Start™ makes starting STIHL outdoor power tools almost effortless, eliminating the need for a strong pull of the starting cord. This advanced starting system is designed to make starting STIHL products fast and easy.
- Stop Switch on handle ensures the equipment’s ignition is always ready for starting. Press and hold the switch to shut off the engine. When the switch is released, it returns to the start position automatically, reducing the number of steps needed to start the product.
- Adjustable Depth Wheel allows the user to easily adjust the wheel to the desired cutting depth for creating precision cuts.
- Skid Plate protects the gearbox during use.
- 8” Hardened Steel Blades provide durability and long wear.
- Start/run/stop controls on handle allow user to access controls with one hand.
- Easy-access components – such as a dual-stage air filter and blades – allow for quick and easy maintenance and/or replacement.
- Reduced Vibration for enhanced user comfort.
- Purge Pump Primer enables the user to prime the carburetor with fuel, providing easier starts.
- Protected Spark Plug is protected yet easy to change.
- Mud-Flap-Style Debris Deflector helps direct debris away from user.
- Adjustable Front Handle adjusts for comfort.
- High-tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion resistant.
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running.
- Upright Translucent Fuel Tank allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work. Upright position makes it easier to refill.
- Fully Lined Drive Shaft provides smooth operation and less vibration.
- Heavy-Duty Centrifugal Clutch is designed to reduce slippage.
See your STIHL Dealer for a hands-on demonstration of edgers designed with the specific needs of the homeowner in mind. STIHL will definitely give you an edge over the neighborhood in your quest for a well-manicured lawn.
STIHL is the #1 selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment in America and the Number One selling brand of chain saws in the world*. Sold and serviced through our network of independent Dealers, STIHL power tools deliver versatility and dependability. STIHL tools are German engineered, and many are built right here in America and exported to over 90 countries around the world.* To find one of the over 8,000 STIHL Dealers near you, visit the Dealer Locator.
*A majority of STIHL products are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components. "Number one selling brand" is based on syndicated Irwin Broh Research as well as independent consumer research of 2009-2013 U.S. sales and market share data for the gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment category combined sales to consumers and commercial landscapers ©2014 STIHL.
|Compare||Model||Displacement||Engine Power||Weight||Fuel Capacity|
|FC 56 C-E||27.2 cc (1.66 cu. in.)||0.8 kW (1.1 bhp)||6.1 kg (13.5 lbs.)||340 cc (11.5 oz.)|