MS 150 C-E
One of the lightest gasoline-powered chainsaws on the market and includes innovative STIHL features.
Great things come in small packages. For chainsaws, that means the STIHL MS 150 C-E. This lightweight powerhead weighs only 6.1 pounds and is loaded with exclusive STIHL features, including Easy2Start™ technology. Ideal for landscapers, arborists, tree farmers, or anyone in need of a mobile, low weight saw, the MS 150 C-E chainsaw is easy to handle, resulting in less operator fatigue than heavier saws. Combined with reduced exhaust emissions and enhanced fuel efficiency as compared to traditional 2-stroke engines, this is how ultra-lightweight chainsaws should be made: the STIHL way.
Check out many of the features that make these gasoline-powered chainsaws in a class of their own:
- The Master Control Lever™ is a single lever that allows the user to operate the choke, starting throttle lock and on-off switch all from one convenient location.
- The IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor helps keep RPM levels even when the filter begins to clog.
- STIHL manufactures its own saw chain for optimal performance and compatibility with your STIHL chainsaw. Swiss-made STIHL OILOMATIC® Saw Chain is pre-stretched before it leaves the factory, which helps eliminate excessive stretching during the break-in period, reducing maintenance time and component wear.
- The Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running.
- An Anti-vibration System helps reduce operator fatigue and improves comfort.
- Our Ematic™ Bar Lubrication System delivers proper lubrication while reducing oil usage by up to 50%.
- The Automatic Bar and Chain Oiler allows the operator to concentrate on cutting rather than bar and chain lubrication.
- Designed to stop the chain in fractions of a second, the STIHL Quickstop® Chain Brake System can be activated manually or by inertia if the kickback force is sufficient.
- The Translucent Fuel Tank allows the operator to easily check the fuel level before starting work while the Balanced Fuel and Oil Tank Capacities allow for efficient refills.
- The Front Handle is designed for a secure grip and is ergonomically angled for comfort.
- Front and Rear Hand Guards help reduce the risk of injury.
- Bumper Spikes help prevent pull-in and provide better control, making cutting easier.
- An All-position Carburetor allows the engine to run at full power in any approved operational position.
- A Combination Wrench/Screwdriver is supplied, providing easy and convenient adjustments to the saw.
- The Chain Catcher helps reduce the risk of operator contact by a chain if it should break or derail.
- Features like Heavy-duty Centrifugal Clutches, High-pressure Alloy Die Castings and STIHL-designed "longlife" cylinders help provide durable, long-lasting wear.
- Homeowners will also enjoy lightweight High-tech Polymer Housings for greater impact resistance, as well as Easy-to-Access Air Filters and Protected Spark Plugs.
- The Spark Arrester Muffler is designed to reduce noise levels and the emission of sparks.
- The Smooth Clean Design has no rough edges to snag on clothing or brush.
STIHL is the #1 selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment in America*. Sold and serviced through our network of independent Dealers, STIHL power tools deliver versatility and dependability. STIHL tools are German engineered, and many are built right here in America and exported to over 90 countries around the world.* To find one of the over 8,000 STIHL Dealers near you, visit the Dealer Locator.
*A majority of STIHL powerheads are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components. "Number one selling brand" is based on syndicated Irwin Broh Research as well as independent consumer research of 2009-2013 U.S. sales and market share data for the gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment category combined sales to consumers and commercial landscapers ©2014 STIHL.
|MS 150 C-E Specifications - Professional Use|
|DISPLACEMENT||23.6 cc (1.44 cu. in.)|
|ENGINE POWER||1.0 kW (1.34 bhp)|
|POWERHEAD WEIGHT||2.75 kg (6.1 lbs)|
|GUIDE BAR LENGTHS* (Recommended ranges)||30 cm (12")|
|FUEL CAPACITY||200 cc (6.76 oz.)|
|CHAIN OIL CAPACITY||150 cc (5.07 oz.)|
|OILOMATIC® CHAIN||1/4" PM3|
|STIHL recommends #3670 (71 PM3 64) OILOMATIC® saw chain and 12" 3005 008 3405 EmaticTM guide bar combination. The actual listed guide bar length can vary from the effective cutting length depending upon which powerhead it is installed.|
WARNING! Improper use of any power tool may cause serious
or fatal injury. Read, understand and follow carefully the operating
and safety instructions in your instruction manual before using such products.
STIHL products sold through U.S. STIHL dealers are for distribution in the United States only.
STIHL Easy2Start™ (E)
The STIHL Easy2Start™ system makes starting STIHL outdoor power tools almost effortless, eliminating the need for a strong pull of the starting cord. This advanced starting system is designed to make starting STIHL products easier. The specific system may vary by model, but in each case, a quick pull overcomes the engine’s compression to minimize the strength and effort required to start. Available on selected products.
Purge Pump Primer
The purge pump primer feature enables the user to prime the carburetor with fuel, enabling easier starting. The purge pump primer is designed in a way that the operator cannot flood the machine by priming the carburetor too many times. Flooding the engine is still possible if the choke is not removed after the engine turns over.
See it in action!
Common Features for Chain Saws
View the features common to many STIHL chain saws.
You Will Also Need
Don’t let friction cut down your chainsaw’s performance. STIHL bar and chain oil is specially formulated to adhere to your chainsaw’s bar and chain, providing optimal lubrication. Special oils help prevent sap and pitch from clinging, prolonging cutting performance and the lifespan of your chain parts. Ideal for use in moderate temperatures, STIHL bar and chain oil provides quality protection for your chainsaw – bar none.
No matter how you slice it (or trim it or shred it), there’s no better protection for your high performance 2-stroke engine than STIHL HP Ultra. This 2-cycle engine oil has outstanding engine cleaning characteristics, plus “ultra” lubricating qualities that’s superior to other 2-cycle engine oils. This fully synthetic oil is also highly biodegradable, degrading by 80% in 21 days. We’re so confident this oil will protect your engine, we’ll double your STIHL limited warranty* when you use it. It’s that good.
*Double your warranty when you include STIHL HP Ultra Oil (six 2.6-oz. bottles) or STIHL MotoMix® premixed fuel (six 32-oz. cans or a 1-gal. container) with your STIHL product purchase. Double limited warranty protection applies to STIHL gasoline-powered products purchased and registered for personal non-income producing, family and household purposes only. Other restrictions apply. See dealer for details.
Includes file guide, depth gauge, round file, flat file and two file handles in tool pouch. Kits available for the following chain types: STIHL PICCO™ Mini; 1/4" pitch chain; .325" pitch chain; 3/8" pitch chain; .404" pitch chain.
No-Spill® fuel containers advance convenience and quality in gasoline-can design by reducing emissions of hydrocarbons from evaporation, permeation and spillage. This helps protect the environment as well as saves you on fuel costs due to waste. Each container is molded from fluorinated, high molecular weight material for low permeation. The thumb-button flow control allows filling even smaller-sized tanks reducing the risk of spilling and is designed to stop the flow automatically when the tank becomes full to prevent overflowing. Built on a wide and stable base for less likelihood of upsets and equipped with child-resistant closures, all No-Spill® containers comply with both EPA and CARB requirements. With 1¼-gallon, 2 ½-gallon and 5-gallon sizes available, you’re sure to find one that fits your needs.
For Your Safety
For heavyweight protection that won’t weigh you down, choose Pro Mark™ Apron Chaps from STIHL. They’re rugged, yet comfortable to wear and easily fit over your work clothes. Sewn into the legs of the chaps are nine layers of Avertic™ Pro by Engtex®, a cut-retardant material designed to reduce the risk or severity of injury to the body parts covered by the pads in the event of contact with the rotating saw chain of a gasoline-powered chainsaw. The open-back design of these chaps makes them a great choice for hot working conditions. These Pro Mark™ apron chaps provide three additional layers of Avertic™ Pro by Engtex® cut retardant material than our standard apron chaps. STIHL chainsaw protective apparel is also wash and wear, unlike some other brands that require dry cleaning or light surface cleaning.
The STIHL Pro Mark™ designation identifies products for professional users.
Available color: High Visibility Orange
Available lengths: 32", 36", 40"
See it in action!
Get a grip on your chainsaw with STIHL Cut-Retardant Mitts. Made with water-resistant nylon backs and goatskin palms, these mitts offer exceptional comfort and grip without sacrificing dexterity. Avertic™ Pro by Engtex®, a cut-retardant material, is sewn into the back of the left glove. These mitt-style gloves also feature a separate index finger for chainsaw throttle operation, while hook and loop wrist straps make fitting a breeze. These chainsaw protective gloves are an excellent choice for the professional logger. STIHL chainsaw protective apparel is also wash and wear, unlike some other brands that require dry cleaning or light surface cleaning.
Available color: High Visibility Orange
Available sizes: S (8), M (9), L (10), XL (11)
The woods can hold many dangers. Stay one step ahead with the Forestry Helmet System from STIHL. The protection starts with a hard shell of ABS thermoplastic. It gets even better with a six-point, ratchet-style suspension system that absorbs shock and keeps the helmet stable while you work.
The system also features a Cool Guard sweatband to keep perspiration out of your eyes, as well as a built-in rain gutter to direct rain away from your face during inclement weather. Adjustable hearing protectors comfortably reduce noise while an epoxy-coated steel full-face screen helps protect from flying debris.
Hard hat meets ANSI Z89.1-2003 Type 1 Class G. Hearing protectors meet ANSI S3.19-1974 and have a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 24 dB(A).