The battery-powered handheld blower that combines high performance with low weight.
No gas. No cord. No emissions and almost no weight. The STIHL BGA 85 handheld blower features a powerful 36-volt, lithium-ion battery for excellent blowing power that is quiet, clean, and best of all, cordless. This lightweight blower is extremely compact, weighing a mere 7 lbs. without battery, yet it delivers over 100 mph of air to move stubborn yard debris. And don’t expect any gradual power drops – this blower will run at full speed until it’s time to recharge. An ideal blower for use around the home. And the BGA 85 blower is part of the STIHL Battery KombiSystem. The battery can be used interchangeably among a family of other STIHL lithium-ion products – including a chainsaw, grass trimmers and a hedge trimmer.
Homeowner Handheld Blowers have the following features in common:
- Adjustable Nozzle is great for stairs and operators of different heights.
- Protected Spark Plug is protected yet easy to change.
- Purge Pump Primer enables the user to prime the carburetor with fuel, providing easier starts.
- Air Filter Cover is easy to remove without tools for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- High-Tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion-resistant.
- Helper Handle for added air direction control and vacuum use.
- Upright Translucent Fuel Tank allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work. Upright for easy filling.
- Long-Life Cylinders give maximum wear life, better cleaning and more power output per cubic centimeter of engine displacement.
- Superior Balance and Design help reduce fatigue and make handling easy.
- Smooth, Clean Design has no rough edges to snag on clothing or brush.
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting, smoother running and no periodic maintenance.
In addition to the quality components and features listed above, Homeowner Backpack Blowers also have the following:
- Anti-Vibration System minimizes the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- Multi-Function Control Handle delivers easy access to all of the controls on one comfortable handle. This makes it easy to complete tasks without the operator’s hand ever leaving the handle.
- Adjustable Support Harness distributes weight evenly across the shoulders and back, reducing user fatigue.
- Foot Pad for stability when starting.
- Back Pad for enhanced comfort during extended use.
- Swivel Air Tube Elbow for directional control of air.
STIHL is the #1 selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment in America and the Number One selling brand of chainsaws in the world*. Sold and serviced through our network of independent Dealers, STIHL power tools deliver versatility and dependability. STIHL tools are German engineered, and many are built right here in America and exported to over 90 countries around the world.* To find one of the over 8,000 STIHL Dealers near you, visit the Dealer Locator.
*A majority of STIHL powerheads are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components. "Number one selling brand" is based on syndicated Irwin Broh Research as well as independent consumer research of 2009-2013 U.S. sales and market share data for the gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment category combined sales to consumers and commercial landscapers ©2014 STIHL.
|BGA 85 Specifications - Mid-Range Use|
|AIR VELOCITY||46 m/sec. (102 mph)|
|AIR VOLUME||650 m3/h (385 cfm)|
|SOUND PRESSURE RATING||64 dB(A)
Measured per ANSI B 175.2
|WEIGHT w/o BATTERY||3.2 kg (7.0 lbs.)|
|WEIGHT (w/ AP 180)||4.9 kg (10.8 lbs.)|
|RUN TIME (w/ AP 180)||Up to 23 minutes|
|Battery and charger must be purchased separately.|
WARNING! Improper use of any power tool may cause serious
or fatal injury. Read, understand and follow carefully the operating
and safety instructions in your instruction manual before using such products.
STIHL products sold through U.S. STIHL dealers are for distribution in the United States only.
The built-in hanging slot allows for easy storage when not in use.
See it in action!
Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature
The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
Safety Locking Button
All STIHL Battery KombiSystem products feature a safety locking button or retaining latch that prevents the unit from unintentional starts when the battery is inserted.
With the multi-function handle, all of the blower’s controls can be adjusted with one hand, allowing simple and reliable operation for both right and left-handed users. In addition, the handle’s control lever allows the user to easily adjust the engine speed.
STIHL Electric Motor
Lightweight and compact, STIHL electric motors require minimal maintenance and feature low noise levels and reduced vibration.
Two-Stage Axial Fan
The two-stage axial blower operates like a fan to maximize the volume of high-speed air, delivering excellent blowing performance.
With the control lever, the engine speed can be continuously adjusted to regulate airflow. When the lever is released, the engine stops.
You Will Also Need
Your advanced STIHL Battery KombiSystem deserves an equally advanced charger. The STIHL AL 300 rapid battery charger fits that bill perfectly. Designed to charge your STIHL Lithium-Ion batteries in approximately 25 minutes*, the AL 300 is exactly what you need to power through your lawn care tasks. It features an onboard cooling fan and bright LED display to indicate current charge level. This smart charger even switches off automatically once your battery is fully charged.
*Charge time approximated using STIHL AP 80 Lithium-Ion batteries. Charge times may vary.
For extended landscaping tasks, the STIHL AP 160 Lithium-Ion battery is designed for longer run times than the AP 80. Plus, the AP 160 also delivers twice the amp hours over standard Lithium-Ion batteries, making it ideal for extended use. This 36-volt battery keeps your equipment running at full speed until it’s depleted. No gradual drops in power. And thanks to its LED charge display, you know just how much juice you have to work with.
The AP 160 weighs a mere 3.8 lbs., and can be charged hundreds of times without any noticeable loss in capacity. Even after 500 charges, the battery retains over 80% capacity. The secret is in its engineering. The battery features specialized voltage monitors and temperature sensors to help ensure optimal operation and a long service life.
For Your Safety
For landscapers who work extensively with their hands, the Landscaper Series Gloves from STIHL are made from strong-yet-supple deerhide leather. They provide fantastic wear properties and an excellent sense of touch and feel. The naturally soft leather provides all-day working comfort.
Materials: Deerhide leather
Available sizes: S, M, L, XL
A combination of safety and style, Camo Glasses from STIHL provide 99% UV protection in a sleek, camo-pattern frame. The single lens, wrap-around design offers great protection and an overall modern look. The lenses are made from an optical-grade polycarbonate. Soft rubber temple tips and nosepiece are designed to help maintain fit while reducing slippage.
Meets ANSI Z87+ standard
Available lens colors: Bronze, Smoke, Yellow
Top-quality hearing protection you can keep in your pocket. NRR 27 Reusable Ear Plugs from STIHL feature multiple layers of air cushioning for superior noise reduction and long-lasting comfort. Their tapered design provides a secure seal that keeps you protected almost anywhere – from the shooting range to the job site. And thanks to the included nylon cord and carrying case, you can keep your ear plugs handy for the long haul.