STIHL blowers used around the home include a wide range of quality components, including high-tech polymer housings that resist corrosion and withstand impacts; adjustable blower tubes for custom height preferences; and upright, translucent fuel tanks for easy checking and filling (gasoline-powered models only). The list goes on. And almost all of these blowers also accept vacuum and gutter cleaner kits, making them even more useful around the home. There's no better choice for keeping your personal landscape looking pristine.
Consumer Reports has posted an article on one of our products. Click here for more information.
Homeowner Handheld Blowers have the following features in common:
- Adjustable Nozzle is great for stairs and operators of different heights.
- Protected Spark Plug is protected yet easy to change.
- Purge Pump Primer enables the user to prime the carburetor with fuel, providing easier starts.
- Air Filter Cover is easy to remove without tools for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- High-Tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion-resistant.
- Helper Handle for added air direction control and vacuum use.
- Upright Translucent Fuel Tank allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work. Upright for easy filling.
- Long-Life Cylinders give maximum wear life, better cleaning and more power output per cubic centimeter of engine displacement.
- Superior Balance and Design help reduce fatigue and make handling easy.
- Smooth, Clean Design has no rough edges to snag on clothing or brush.
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting, smoother running and no periodic maintenance.
In addition to the quality components and features listed above, Homeowner Backpack Blowers also have the following:
- Anti-Vibration System minimizes the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- Multi-Function Control Handle delivers easy access to all of the controls on one comfortable handle. This makes it easy to complete tasks without the operator’s hand ever leaving the handle.
- Adjustable Support Harness distributes weight evenly across the shoulders and back, reducing user fatigue.
- Foot Pad for stability when starting.
- Back Pad for enhanced comfort during extended use.
- Swivel Air Tube Elbow for directional control of air.
STIHL is the #1 selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment in America and the Number One selling brand of chain saws in the world*. Sold and serviced through our network of independent Dealers, STIHL power tools deliver versatility and dependability. STIHL tools are German engineered, and many are built right here in America and exported to over 90 countries around the world.* To find one of the over 8,000 STIHL Dealers near you, visit the Dealer Locator.
*A majority of STIHL products are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components. "Number one selling brand" is based on syndicated Irwin Broh Research as well as independent consumer research of 2009-2013 U.S. sales and market share data for the gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment category combined sales to consumers and commercial landscapers ©2014 STIHL.
|Compare||Model||Air Velocity||Air Volume||Weight||Fuel Capacity|
|BG 55||At nozzle (round): 63 m/sec.(140 mph)||At nozzle (round): 710 m3/h (418 cfm)||4.1 kg (9.0 Ibs.)||400 cc (13.5 oz.)|
|BGE 61||66 m/sec. (148 mph)||510 m3/h (300 cfm)||3.1 kg (6.8 lbs.)||--|
High speed: 66 m/sec (148 mph)
Low speed: 53 m/sec (119 mph)
High speed: 670 m3/h (394 cfm)
Low speed: 540 m3/h (318 cfm)
|3.1 kg (6.8 lbs.)||--|
|BG 56 C-E||Round: 64 m/sec (143 mph)||Round: 710 m3/h (418 cfm)||4.2 kg (9.3 Ibs.)||540 cc (18.3 oz.)|
|BR 350||75 m/sec. (168 mph)||
With tube: 750 m3/h (441 cfm)
Without tube: 1150 m3/h (677 cfm)
|10.0 kg (22.0 lbs.)||1700 cc (57.5 oz.)|
|BR 200||59 m/sec. (132 mph)||
With tube: 690 m3/h (406 cfm)
Without tube: 800 m3/h (471 cfm)
|5.7 kg (12.6 lbs.)||1050 cc (35.5 oz.)|
|BGA 85||46 m/sec. (102 mph)||650 m3/h (385 cfm)||--||--|