Top Ten Power Tool Maintenance Tips for Spring
NOTE: For a comprehensive list of maintenance and repair instructions, refer to your product's instruction manual.
- Check the condition of your spark plugs and replace if necessary.
- Check air filters for dirt and damage to determine if any need cleaning or replacement. Clean debris from blowers and trimmers as well.
- Inspect your equipment for broken parts, and replace any that are broken or damaged.
- Check screws and nuts, and retighten them if necessary.
- Now is a good time to sharpen or change saw chains, as well as replace trimmer line.
- Lubricate parts where friction will occur.
- Check power cords on electric tools for damage or wear.
- When mixing fuel, use fresh fuel (stored for less than 2 months) and
new 2-cycle engine oil.
- Use STIHL MotoMix® Premixed Fuel in your fuel tanks. STIHL MotoMix® is a highly stable blend that will help to ensure great performance.
- Don't put your power tool to work immediately-after a season of storage, let it warm up for a few minutes before use.