STIHL Inc. Charitable Donations Committee
Giving back to the local community of Hampton Roads.
STIHL Incorporated has created the Charitable Donations Committee. The purpose of this Committee is to support small organizations and individuals engaged in charitable work or to those in need.
Our geographic scope is the Hampton Roads Virginia area. This area is generally identified as the area bounded by Williamsburg, Franklin, Virginia and Currituck County, North Carolina. All requests that fall outside of this area will be forwarded to the regional distributor.
The Committee meets once a month to discuss requests to assist organizations supporting:
- Families in crisis
- Animal welfare
- Programs that encourage positive growth and support of children
- Improving the environment
- Veterans, law enforcement, fire and rescue
- Challenged individuals
- Positive civic activities
- Individuals engaged in fund raising / athletic events in support of the above activities
The prevailing direction of fund distribution is to distribute smaller amounts over a wide variety of organizations as opposed to giving deeply to a few organizations.
The Committee will not support commercial fund raising for any of the above groups. The Committee will instead donate directly to the organization.
If you are requesting a product, you should know that you will receive a certificate that can be redeemed at an authorized STIHL Dealership by the person receiving the award. It is against STIHL policy for the organization to receive the certificate, and pick up the product. It is important for the person receiving the product to receive proper instruction on the products use, receive the instruction manual and have the unit properly registered.
The Committee will not support persons engaged in events that do not support one of the above groups.
As you can imagine, we receive hundreds of requests each year. To facilitate your request being reviewed, we need the following information in writing at least two months before the date of a specific event.
- Name and Address of the Organization
- Name of contact person at Organization
- The purpose of the Organization – and to what specific function would STIHL’s donation go towards?
- Is this a general donation or for a specific event?
- If for a specific event, what is the date of that event?
- Any backup documentation regarding the organization or event?
- Are you asking for money or a product?
- Does the Organization have a tax exempt status?
- Let us know if you have an affiliation with STIHL
Send your request to:
Charitable Donations Committee
PO Box 2015, Virginia Beach, VA 23450
Or email to STIHLcharity@stihl.us