Learn Why STIHL Produces Its Own Saw Chain
STIHL OILOMATIC® Saw Chain
STIHL is the only gasoline-powered chainsaw manufacturer on the planet to design and produce its own saw chains. After all, the number one selling brand of chainsaw in the world deserves a chain that matches its quality and dependability. Through advanced engineering and technological innovations, each and every STIHL OILOMATIC® chain is created for performance – they are literally cutting edge.When the bar meets the bark, trust the only chains good enough to carry the STIHL name.
Ematic™ Bar Lubrication System
When used with STIHL OILOMATIC® saw chain, it will provide optimal lubrication, longer wear and less oil consumption than conventional methods. Two ramps, strategically placed in the guide bar rail, help contain the flow of oil and direct all lubrication to where it is needed. The Ematic™ system can reduce bar oil consumption up to 50%.
Ematic™ S Feature
A new angled oil delivery hole for the STIHL ROLLOMATIC®E Super Guide Bars in the longer lengths of 28" to 41" is designed to improve oil flow to the saw chain.
All STIHL OILOMATIC® saw chain is pre-stretched before leaving the factory. This helps eliminate excessive chain stretching during break-in period, and reduces maintenance time and component wear.
- OILOMATIC® channels funnel oil to rivets, reducing friction and wear
- Reduces volume of bar oil needed
- When the OILOMATIC® saw chain is combined with the STIHL Ematic™ Guide Bar. It becomes a Lubrication System, reducing bar oil consumption by up to 50%.
- Stay sharp longer with less filing
- Filing angle indicator mark for easier filing
- Wear indicators
- Rivets withstand high loads
- Smooth rivet holes with no microscopic cracks
- Reduces friction and stretching
- Specially designed tie straps help reduce vibration
- Absorbs impact energy from contact of cutter to wood surface